• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd to 4wd

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so here it is. I got a 2001 edge 2wd its the same as 4wd but one bracket all around. I have a 2000 4wd that has not title and has crushed rear end a wrecking ball was droped on it dont ask. I am goin to try to swap everythin out but the tranny cause i wanna keep my manual. I am not to good with trannys what do i gotta do to install the t-case and am I goin to have to install a shifter on the t-case or can i use the electronic switch and modual that cam off the 2000? Also if any one knows how to get intouch with 04edge he was banned and i would like to talk to him about his build.:beer:

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just did mine in december but you have a couple issues. First a 2wd and 4wd transmission is different because of the output shaft on the trans so you will need a 4wd trans or an outputs shaft installed into yours along with the 4wd tail housing/ transfer case adapter. Next up is the transfer case. Manual is the easiest way to go but you will find that they are expesive to get one with the front cup for the newer style driveshaft so you will probably end up with an older style requiring a new front driveshaft. If you go with the electric transfer case you will run into a lot of wiring(this is what I did) ...its not that hard but its alot of work. The only other concern is the abs. If your truck has 4 wheel abs you will want spindles and wheel bearings with abs.

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well I have a 2000 with abs and an elec t-case. I am goin to pull apart the trans i got and mount it to my manual just not sure if i wanna go that rought. like i said i have an entire truck intacked besides the rear end.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd just swap the tranny from the wreck, instead of trying to rework one...

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i cant the tranny got ripped off the motor and is unusable I can only take it apart and try to reuse some parts out of it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals