• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0l & Np435 & 1356

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If your looking for more info on this swap it's been done over on RRORC. Gremlinstein (Originator of the kit) and Gooky (Installed on green explorer before 5.0l swap) refined the setup. Talk to those guys if you have any issues or questions.

I don't get why you just didn't go out and find an M5OD. You could atleast keep the doubler setup then. But the strength of the 435 is a plus. Atleast with the Van body the shifter may not be so much of an issue. It'll feel like driving a school bus.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
What would you pay for it? RB
I have no idea, but I think there might be a demand for it. One major problem I see with RBV stuff is there is no way to get a bulletproof trans with a super low first gear using stock stuff. I know there's the doubler option, which is cool, but with the NP435 you would have the low first gear, plus the option of doing the 203/205 doubler. And you can twin stick the 205 :D

I have no problem with RBV motors...it's just that most of the trans options suck. M5ODs are hard to come by and expensive around here.

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If your looking for more info on this swap it's been done over on RRORC. Gremlinstein (Originator of the kit) and Gooky (Installed on green explorer before 5.0l swap) refined the setup. Talk to those guys if you have any issues or questions.

I don't get why you just didn't go out and find an M5OD. You could atleast keep the doubler setup then. But the strength of the 435 is a plus. Atleast with the Van body the shifter may not be so much of an issue. It'll feel like driving a school bus.
I dont have enough room for a M50D and a doubler because of my gas tank. Not to mention the trouble finding them and the cost of them. I can buy 4-5 NP435's for the cost of the M50D. RB

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I got my pilot bearing , clutch disc, and prototype #2 last night. Looks like it's all going to work. I'm going to have to remove the Aerostar oil filter housing and replace it with an explorer housing. I may also have to change the passenger side exhaust manifold to an explorer manifold. I should have my final adapter early next week. RB

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
This was the final mock up and everything seems to be good. I'll have the final one tomorrow made out of 1/4 inch plate. My daughter took these pic's so they are what they are. Everything is in there clutch pressure plate and pilot bearing. RB

More pic's on my webshots page. RB

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

In2Fords

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That is awesome!! I had a NP435/205 in my cherokee mated to the jeep I6 4.0 followed by 3.55's and 33"s and loved it. Im sure it will be great for you. I like the 203/205 option for the indestructable nature of them and the ease of finding parts.

what are the specs on the pilot bearing?

Last edited:

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That is awesome!! I had a NP435/205 in my cherokee mated to the jeep I6 4.0 followed by 3.55's and 33"s and loved it. Im sure it will be great for you. I like the 203/205 option for the indestructable nature of them and the ease of finding parts.

what are the specs on the pilot bearing?

I'm trying to keep this rig light so I used an NP435 with an aluminum bell housing and I'm using a 1356 t case. As far as the pilot bearing I had it made by a machine shop so I don't really know the spec's but I'm thinking about selling this as a kit for about 1/2 the price as the other that is available. This would be a NP435 only kit tho. RB

In2Fords

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
how much? the fm145 in my BII is giving me fits, I've rebuilt it once but I have little trust in this after having the ndestructable 435 in my XJ :)

I ass-u-me the kit would just be the pilot bushing and the adapter plate, what bellhousing would be needed?

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
how much? the fm145 in my BII is giving me fits, I've rebuilt it once but I have little trust in this after having the ndestructable 435 in my XJ :)

I ass-u-me the kit would just be the pilot bushing and the adapter plate, what bellhousing would be needed?
You would use your stock starter, flywheel, and pressure plate. The kit would include a new clutch disc, pilot bearing, and adapter plate. You will use any NP435 with a Windsor bell housing. I had to clearance 3 spots on my bell for bolt heads. Took only a few seconds. The kit will not include bolts for $260. If hardware is needed I would have to see what the bolts cost before I could give a price. RB

rockinranger62

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I want one of these.

I am sending you a message so we can get started.

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'll be taking this rig to Drummond Island at the end of this month. If the trans works flawlessly I'm going to make 5 to 10 more kits and put them up for sale. RB

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Told you there would be demand :icon_thumby:

Glad you're getting a kit together. I'd be first in line if I wasn't dead set on using my 302.

In2Fords

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
once I get a couple extra dollars Ill be ordering mine.

Rulebreaker

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm getting closer. I had it all together to find out i had a bad NP435. I couldn't put it in gear with the engine running. So I pulled it apart and put another 435 in and I started it tonight and all seems good this time. It's going in for a new Y pipe this Friday and then I'll be able to put some miles on it. RB

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals