• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4 Full Door Ranger?

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
amazing idea!!
and about the tacoma....i would never trade a ranger for a taco....horrible interior and comfort ride...

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
amazing idea!!
and about the tacoma....i would never trade a ranger for a taco....horrible interior and comfort ride...
They arent very comfortable thats true. When I first bought my ranger I didnt think it would be very comfertable because the seat have you like on the floor of the cab. but its very comfy. Tacomas lack comfort badly but they are damn reliable. If its between a colorado(I dont trust GM) a Frontier(nissans tend to have brake issues) and a tacoma(uncomfortable) I take the Tacoma. My uncle had a '99 one that ran up to 215,000 miles till he tboned someone like 6 months ago:bawling:. He never gave it any maintnence.

Everything else said I can honestly say that when I bought this truck I was looking for a tacoma. I got a great deal and am so glad I did. If the Ranger comes with a four door in usa I will be a ranger owner forever.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
yeah my prev ride was a toyota tercel, and when i switched to the Ranger...wow big difference, for the first time i felt a truck more comfortable than a car, about toyota being reliable..true, but abuse em and they are great lemons thats what i found out with the lil tercel i had, i had to repair the engine 4times!! the 4th was the last and deffinitive, traded the lil motherf*cker for my wonderful truck and i dont regret it at all:D
also i sweared i wouldnt go back to imports...maybe, just maybe a supercharged frontier, say a 03-04 but mostly im gonna stick to rangers, and if reg cab better to me:icon_thumby: im to selfish to be thinking about other people's comfort or even other people in my truck:icon_twisted:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
yeah my prev ride was a toyota tercel, and when i switched to the Ranger...wow big difference, for the first time i felt a truck more comfortable than a car, about toyota being reliable..true, but abuse em and they are great lemons thats what i found out with the lil tercel i had, i had to repair the engine 4times!! the 4th was the last and deffinitive, traded the lil motherf*cker for my wonderful truck and i dont regret it at all:D
also i sweared i wouldnt go back to imports...maybe, just maybe a supercharged frontier, say a 03-04 but mostly im gonna stick to rangers, and if reg cab better to me:icon_thumby: im to selfish to be thinking about other people's comfort or even other people in my truck:icon_twisted:
HAHA Amen bro. A tercel?:icon_rofl:. Good for gas though a guess

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
yep a 97 2door tercel,auto trans, bought it from a lady, bone stock and gave it a big import attitude, lots of money invested on it but had to go..,had it on my cardomain, but its hidden so it wouldnt mess with the rangers i have there now, 3 of 'em, mine, my mom's and my bro's :headbang:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
why I have been thinking of taking a trip down to Mex. and buy a 4door ranger, Come back and put my fagtech lift, light bar, front glass, and change interrior things(six disk, amp subs). Give it to the future wife to drive after my other truck is done. How sweet of a wedding gift would that be.
Do you think a Mexican ranger can pass our emitions here in arizona?

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Bump Bump Bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Do you think a Mexican ranger can pass our emitions here in arizona?
Not sure. But I was planning on changing the motor out of the 01 ranger if need be. but you will need to replace the gauges I would thing. But I couldn't really see a problem with bringing it in the truck will be a Gray market car. just like a mercedez or a Skyline.

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
when i lived in san diego i saw 4 door rangers quite often. some had mexico plates and some had california plates.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
First of all, pardon my english because I´m from Brazil.

Ranger 4 door represents most of the units sold here in Brazil.

When the new version of Ford Ranger started to be built in Argentina/Brazil (a common market), they lauched single cab 6 or 7 feets, supercab and double cab, with three types of engines: 2.5 (double spark - 120hp) and 4.0L (163hp) gasoline engines and a Maxion Rover 2.5L turbo intercooler diesel with 115hp.

After, Ford repleace 2.5 gas engine and lauched the 2.3L duratec, now, with 150hp.

In 2002, Ford lauched a redesigned Maxion-Rover (called as PowerStroke) with 2.8L Turbo diesel and in 2004, supercab and 4.0L gas engine was discontinued.

In 2005, Ford and International engines lauched, together, a revolucionary turbo diesel engine, fully eletronic common rail, 3.0L displacement, with 163hp and Euro III emission. Outside Brazil, with low suffer diesel, an EGR system, OxiCat and VNT turbo allow this engine to get Euro IV emission and 190hp output!

I own a 2006/7 Ford Ranger 3.0 TDi 4 doors.

Thanks very much!
190HP isnt that impressive realy. My 2.9L 4banger in my Colorado makes 185.

later,
Dustin

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
but its a 4 cylinder deisel making 190 hp ill bet the torques is pretty impressive

Cacher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like I better hang on to my 4cylinder, 4x4, Longbed. Cool.

Last edited:

quatro puertas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I live in MX[12 yrs] have a 2005 Ranger xlt 4dr,2.3,5 spd,4.56. I would sell,pick you up at airport,place to stay,help with best route back home. Don't know about changing the title!

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
In many less-developed parts of the world, the 4-door compact pickup truck is the vehicle of choice. It can haul the family around, haul stuff, pull stuff, is tough and looks good.

I've spent some time in Thailand and there are tons of 4-door trucks there. Some friends of mine live about an hour outside Bangkok and have a 4-door Isuzu pickup. It's a diesel automatic 2WD (it's pretty flat around that part of Thailand so 4WD isn't really that popular) and is quite comfortable to ride around in, even on long trips.

A very popular truck is the Mitsubishi Triton, which looks pretty futuristic:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals