• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 2.3L Won't Idle Runs Rich

Winger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've never had so much trouble with this BEAST! I'd replace the engine recently and had problems with a machine shop......... Finally got that issue resolved and put the engine back in and it had ran rough,real rough won't stay running for very long. The last time I had it in the truck (6months ago), it ran pretty rich that time too but at least I could get it idle although some what rough but now its just out of control I can only keep it running for a few minutes at a time I have to turn the idle speed screw way up or hold open the throttle by hand while trying to adjust the timing! I feel like a monkey spining plates while balancing on a basketball! I know you shouldn't try to set the timing while the engine is turning 2,000 rpm but I really thought I was having a timing issue when I first fired it up....I've had this truck for 14 years and have had similiar problems in the past (EGR)!!!!! But the EGR is new this time and I don't remember it running this rich last time. IAC seems to be the likely. I'm also wondering about this MAP sensor! I'd been playing with cams in the past and headers wich I thought was causing the rich condition. Now I'm thinking I had other issues then? :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals