• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

9" 3rd memeber Spline question

Mterry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 9inch 3rd member that has 28 spline I would like to make it a 35 spline but was told I would need a whole new case to hold that size. But I just want to make the 3rd member I have (28spline) now a 31 spline with a full spool. my question is this would all I have to do is get a full spool with 31 splines and get the gears I want and install it ? or will it not work with the case that came with a 28 spline? thanks

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
I want to say, a 31 spline carrier will fit in a 28 spline member. although anything higher than 31 needs an entirely new carrier.
Someone else chime in.

Mterry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yeah thats what i am told too as far as going to a 35 spline i would need a whole new case that will fit it. I just wanted to double check on the 28 to 31 spline so i dont buy all the parts to do it and it not work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals