• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
@bodied91ranger
What is your plan for Door panels???
so I plated the bottoms of the doors inside with steel that comes up like 6 inches from the bottom because of the body drop. also I want to keep that painted strip up top so I think I'm going to get some mdf and make some flat door panels. and make some kinda armrest/handle for the inside and maybe take some dense foam to make some kinda accent in there somewhere. who knows !!!

I kinda like the vise grip look:yahoo:
hahaha maybe I'm gonna keep the vice grips!!!!!

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
progress from tonight ....... had to of course cut shorten and re weld the brake pedal. it wouldn't be right if I didn't have to cut and re fit everything that touches this truck. installed Lokar floor shifter as well. getting closer night by night

tempImage6eDhGr.jpg

tempImageWUn2ty.jpg

tempImagea6Gf9u.jpg

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
more progress tonight. had to remove grill and radiator to install the crank pulley. unfornuatley it was misplaced....I found it on one of my diver duck decoy long lines as a weight :buttkick:. cleaned her up painted it and installed. then reinstalled the radiator and installed new electric fan and trans cooler..ran lines for trans cooler as well. pulled the rear bed wheel well supports back off and finish coated them black before reinstalling as well..tomorrow night plan on making brackets for alternator. as the ones I thought would work didn't. also waiting on water pump spacers. getting her buttoned up day by day. thanks for following along

tempImagedRwXRR.jpg
tempImageJLkO9E.jpg
tempImagels8CDi.jpg

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
not much progress today but some is better then none!!! got my water pump and water pump spacers all tightened up. also installed the trans dipstick. I was scratching my head as to what to use for a dipstick bracket on the firewall. when I ordered my lokar shifter it came with a few diff tail shaft brackets for diff transmissions. my father picked the bracket up off the floor and was like....hey why don't we use this! I did a little cutting and grinding and drilled an extra hole and whalaaaa. still need to pop it back off and paint it. planning on pushing hard this week and trying to fire the engine Friday night. and if I do you guys will be the first to see the video...fingers crossed
tempImage1Zz2Or.jpg

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
It's ALIVE !! :yahoo:

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
It's ALIVE !! :yahoo:
yea man. its getting there. buttoned up the cooling system tonight and started on the brake bleeding process. hope you guys enjoyed the video. any ideas on interior I would appreciate it? I am thinking trying to keep the 50s style material mixed with the light tan leather. any other ideas? looking for input.

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Finalized fitting of alternator tonight last peice to the running puzzle. Alternator, belt, tensioner, lower radiator hose. Coolant. Can’t explain how good it feels to be getting so close. Enjoy

Attachments

Gregin30655

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger GT
Transmission
Manual
anyone have any ideas for a head unit that will fit into that space that maybe only does bluetooth ? that doesn't cost 400 bucks? I really don't even want a stereo but don't want a hole in the dash either
Retrosound sells that style radio but they are bluetooth receivers with modern preouts.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
I like what you did with the access to the rad cap. What did you do for mounting of the radiator?

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
I like what you did with the access to the rad cap. What did you do for mounting of the radiator?
I made some base brackets that mounted on top of a crossmember we fabbed In. Then made two side brackets each mounts off left and right side of core supports. And of course they all have rubber inserts in them. !! I’ll try to remember to take skme pictures next time im
Over there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals