• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 geo tracker 4x4

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
hey guys im getting a 92 geo tracker. anyone know anything about the suspension and axles im trying to figure out what all can be put on it to make it a trail rig drive train wise. it already has a 3 inch body lift and 31x12.5 boggers.
any help thinking of idea would be great thanks guys.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
lol ask you shall receive, your rear is super strong, built like a 9 inch, most came with 5.12 gears in the rear, the front is IFS, all cast alum. watch out they break, watch for rust in the rear by the seats, and wheel wells, but they are awsome off road, if you have auto hubs there good till they blow, so no need to swap them right away, 1st is point less on the road, 5th will just slow you down, at your size tires, i wouldn't go bigger in the tire size its perfect but i would do a suspension lift, www.calmini.com

5 ich lift on 31's,

what would you like to know lol

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ya i have been researching a lot. i font lockers for the front and rear, a 2" coil spacer. and a home made snorkel. and i wanna close in the cab behind the front seat, make it look like a little pickup.where can i find steal front axle tubes? what is the distance from the back seat floor to the top, and from side to side in the back ? thanks

the pic is from when my best friend owned the truck. he sold it to a farmer here in town about 6 years about. so i know the truck and all its mods very well its just been a while since i've worked on it. not to mention how much more i can do since i was 16.

Attachments

Last edited:

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
if you do the two inch pucks you need, you get limiting straps, and longer shocks, with the pucks you over flex the oem shocks, and rip out the shock from the mount, i did that which is what cause me to go to the calimini 3inch suspension lift.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
that pic is a 92 btw, but if you feel really ballsy, 4.3 vortec 700r4, np208= 4w burn outs, and they make kits for it

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i found a kit that has the spacers and strut spacers as well to bring the strut down, all i'd need is new shocks i think

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
cool, man good luck, when your wheeling it watch coming down with most of the weight on the front axle, i was on my third front axle, befor i got rid of it

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Theres really no upgrade for the front axle other than SAS, which is alot of work because of the extruded sections of framerail in the front. Best thing to do probably, is pick up a spare if you find one cheap.

You can also do the kicker2 Tcase setup, which puts a toyota tcase behind the stock kick rangebox.

There's plenty of stuff you can do, it's just a matter of how much time and money you want to put in it.

slammer67

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
trackers are pretty tough little trucks. I had one with homemade 2" coil spacers, and 30" tires. I took it to moab back in 2001 with open diffs. all the sammy guys I ran with couldn't believe I didn't have any lockers, as I followed right behind them most of the way.

I still have the truck, but now it's SAS'd with toy axles and dual trans cases, but it needs alot of work to get going. if i ever get this ranger done, I'll start on it.

RebelAssaultTruk

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
check out trail tough, their local up here in oregon...specialize in sammis and trackers, get a catalog...their pretty cool bout helpin ya out

texahodian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 geo tracke
Transmission
Manual
To all, I am new to this sight and have aome questions. Is there a kit to install a ford v6 into a trakcer , if so where can I find it? I have an explorer that the body is falling apart but still has good enigine and trans. Wondering if this would fit and how much modifying is necessary to make it fit and be functional. Thanks in advance to all replies.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I put a Calmini 3" lift in my buddy 91 tracker. He was running 33x12.50's on it. That little rig went pretty much everywhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals