• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 Reg. Cab V8 swap

texdoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey, new here, thought I'd share on my project. Working on a V8 swap for my 92 Ranger. I just completed stage one. I purchased an 8.8" from an 02 Sport Trac donor with 4.11 gears. I decided to stay with the 4.11s and installed an LS Ford Trac Loc. I welded on new shock mounts, and (U bolt delete) spring perches which gave it a cleaner look. This also came with disc brakes and rear sway bar. I'm gonna fab up some frame extensions for the sway bar links, then should be good to go. It mounted under really well,as you can see, the sway bar needs repositioned, which I will do this weekend. I will post as I go, wish me well.

Attachments

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome to the forum. Not familiar with the u-bolt delete spring perches, but cool project.

I don't see trucks with stake beds very often any more. When I get my swap done, I was thinking about something similar with left over parts. That one wouldn't be a V8, but a first gen cab with a stake bed on one of a couple frames I have around.

texdoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum. Not familiar with the u-bolt delete spring perches, but cool project.

I don't see trucks with stake beds very often any more. When I get my swap done, I was thinking about something similar with left over parts. That one wouldn't be a V8, but a first gen cab with a stake bed on one of a couple frames I have around.
Yeah sounds pretty cool, I had purchased the truck from a guy in Houston a few years ago, he had the bed and lift done in Mexico in the late 90s. I'm gonna swap the old 2.3 5 speed with 302 AOD.

texdoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Yeah sounds pretty cool, I had purchased the truck from a guy in Houston a few years ago, he had the bed and lift done in Mexico in the late 90s. I'm gonna swap the old 2.3 5 speed with 302 AOD.
Oh, and thanks, got the u bolt delete kit on ebay from Barnes 4WD

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals