• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'93 XLT ABS light

RLK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
4x4 XLT
Transmission
Automatic
I had the Ranger in to the mechanics shop for brake work and the can't find the ABS code access point.
Both the fire wall site under the dash and the kick panel location came up zeroes.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Responded to your other post.

1993 RABS diagnostics use the dash warning light.

tinman_72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Factory
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
255/60R15
My credo
RoHS compliant
It is in the engine bay between the relay box and master cylinder. IIRC is clamped to the relay box with a cover over the connector.

RLK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
4x4 XLT
Transmission
Automatic
So, I have the truck at a repair shop, we have followed suggestions to no avail. There seems to be no access to diagnose from on the '93 XLT Ranger.
We have replace the rear axel speed sensor as it was crusty/rusty. That was not the problem.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Godholio

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
A few months late, but I've been doing some brake work on my 93 XLT this week. The truck will display the codes by flashing the ABS light. To trigger it, you have to find a small plug under the dash, behind the parking brake pedal. It's right next to where the main wiring harness goes through the firewall. You're looking for a small plug, with an orange/black wire on one side, a red wire on the other.

Turn the key on/engine off BEFORE UNPLUGGING IT. The red wire supplies power for memory, so unplugging it without the key on actually clears the codes.
With the key on, unplug the connector, then use a jumper wire to ground the orange/black wire for 1-2 seconds. That triggers the ABS light to start blinking. You'll probably miss the first flash or two, so disregard the first code it flashes...it'll repeat itself until you plug it back in or turn the key off (which clears the code).
I think it's a little different for 92 and earlier, the red wire was a new thing. The FSM has the procedure and the table for the codes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals