• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94' Electrical Problem

C-Bear

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Alright so I've got a 94 Ranger 4x4 4.0 Automatic, it's an XLT with power everything. The only thing aftermarket on it Electrical wise is a new stereo consisting of a new deck, new amp, new speakers, and a sub. I've been having the problem lately of going to start the truck and it won't do any more than click once, with very little use of the power windows. Now this happens randomly. I will be able to use it fine one time, and then the next time I go to start it, nothing. I'll jump start it, everything will work, I can turn it off and on throughout the day, then out of no where, I'll go to start it, nothing. I checked all of my fuses, followed wires in the sound system and in the truck, and from what I can tell, everything is fine. When it does start up, it turns over great and fires right up and runs great as well. It happened again just yesterday, I took my girlfriend to work in the morning, came home and about 4 hours later when I went to go to work, just a click and that was it. Nothing was left on, I triple checked everything, so I jump started it and drove it around for about a half an hour to get everything charged up and what not, however this time when I was driving my voltage meter would jump to the beat of my blinker going, when I turned my headlights on the voltage meter would go down to almost 8 volts and then jump right back up to the normal amount. I got home, turned it off, waited about 5 minutes, went to go turn it back on and just one click and that was it.
Does anyone have the slightest clue as to what might be going wrong??? I'm tired of this happening, this is the only vehicle I have for transportation and lately its got me bumming rides off people :annoyed: I leave for boot camp in 45 days and all I'm trying to do is to get me around until I have to leave, any suggestions as to what might be wrong are greatly appreciated...

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Bad battery connection.

eureka77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger ext.cab
Transmission
Manual
yeah bud, sounds like a bad battery or battery connection. When you jump it off its just running on the alt. thats why your seeing the grem;lins

jcook1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i would guess its a bad battery connection to...unhook the battery clean the cables and battery posts with battery cleaner from any autoparts place and charge the battery then hook battery back up and make sure they are tight

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals