• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 ford ranger xlt, wheel hub assembly problem

d1977

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1999 ford ranger xlt, rear wheel drive with an electronic switch for
4x4 high and 4x4 low in the cab, it runs on a pulse vacuum to lock the automatic locking hubs.
Took it into ford, they said the vacuum works great, axle is engaging, hubs are good, but wheel hub assembly needs to be replaced, its not holding the air in for a seal. It will release but not engage. Just the right front passenger side.

Can I just switch hubs to a manual locking hub without touching the wheel assembly ?
I looked into parts online for the wheel hub assembly unit, 135.00 american roughly, can anyone stear me in the right direction to get the right part ?
There are too many to know which one is right for my truck, it asks if its 2wd abs, or 4x4 abs ? pulse vacuum ?

Thanks everyone.

Goby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1999 XLT 4x4 and like so many others had the hubs go bad. My driver side was locked on all the time and the passenger side would not engage at all. I replaced the hubs with a set of Rugged Ridge manual locking hubs and have had no problems since. It was an easy swap and reasonably priced. The part number is 15001.70 and I believe that these are the only ones that will fit 1998 or 1999 ranger.

rangeron31s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
i order those same hubs how hard are they to change?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals