• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Air Baggin '98

bluovaldude

Reaction score
all right, thanks for the help guys. As for finding a shop to custom fab something, i really dont have that kind of money, much less the ability of finding a shop around here to do it, i live about 59 miles aest of minneapolis, and all that anyone around here has are big 4X4's..
You are in luck my friend, There is a shop called Crazy Talk Customs, I was talking to them for a while when I finaly broke down and did the work myself.

I believe they are relatively close to you they are locate in Minisota also.

Check out there web site http://www.crazytalkcustoms.com/

They finished a Ranger up just before I started to talk to them. They quoted me about 4500 sonce I already had the control arms. But I would say a good 5k from any shop will be about the price range.

That was for complete front to back bag setup. So start savin your Mcpennies.

knux511

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Cologne
Transmission
Manual
meh.... it'd be nice to have a shop do it, and not worry about it, but all in all, i think that it would mean more to me in the long run if i just went and did it myself... cuz anyone can pay a shop to do the work (no offense...) and currently, I'm just gonna sideline the truck anyways, what with college and the current project i'm workin on.... btw, got the new cab on my dads truck, if anyone ever needs to pull a dash apart, ask me, i'm pretty good with em by now...lol.
-Anyways, anyone got any cool mods on their trucks that i could think about?
-Thanks for the replies guys, wasn't expecting much, usually i never get any responses, so to be goin on two pages is nice

bluovaldude

Reaction score
hey man no problem thats why we are here to help.

And about you rather doing the work that is cool, I did the work myself, with some help.

And what you got a 98, If you are set on dropping the truck You can lower it about 2in all the way around for about 30 bucks, and a nice weekend.

By flipping the rear hangers and cutting a coil out of the front coils. Just putting that out there.

Other than that the money is going to need to be saved. The DJM 4/5 drop will run you about 700, but really all you are going to need is the arms, so just check out Ebay and keep an eye out on parts you will be needing.

And why not start a list of parts you are going to need and keep looking around, just do not get discouraged about not being able to do this right now. Be patient. You will enjoy the out come.

knux511

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Cologne
Transmission
Manual
well, as of right now, the truck sits pretty low in the back as is....lol. It was a farm truck, and im pretty sure they abused the life outta the poor rear leaf springs... and the 14inch rims with the donut sized snow tires really isn't helping the overall looks... anyways, do i need to buy the flip kit, or can i make a bracket for myself? anyone have any decent pictures/ measurements that i could get? any help is appreciated.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well depending on the how much you are wanting to drop it it, you might want to get the bracket. However the bracket is not that expensive so I would recomend just buying one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals