• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

another brake Q

95MEXIFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, the situation is this. when i press the brake the truck pulls to the right and when i release it pulls left. and also either the front or rear brakes seem to bind while driving and eventually let go. does this sound like the pistons are stickin in the calipers?

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
mine pulls to the right and locks on occasion i need to look into it myself. could be sticking/worn piston or dirty/contaminated brake fluid. over time brake fluid breaks down (service interval on brake fluid is approx 50-80k miles when you look it up believe it or not) and gets impurities in it. these impurities can get stuck in the piston lining or gunk up against the pistons creating all sorts of funky problems. id recommend flush and fill the brake fluid system and test driving it. if it continues then look into worn parts. another thing with the front brakes the pad pins are prone to backing out, turn the wheel and look at them, if they are halfway out it will cause the pads to cock and hang up. my 93 did this on occasion, just beat them in with a hammer every so often, even replacing them had no effect. as far as your rear brakes dragging if you have trash in your rabs (rear antilock brake system) module it will cause that to hang up. hopefully flushing and filling your system with fresh fluid will pump any trash out of it and resolve the issue. something i never understood about older ford pickups is why they only put abs on the rear wheels, my rear ones will fade but the fronts lock up, doesnt matter what year ive drove ive owned 2 (still have the other just retired it). costed me an accident cuz the fronts locked and the rear was fading and couldnt steer.

Joey Stacks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you got drum brakes in the rear then you probably need new shoes and brake hardware. When the rear drums go out the one on the passenger side goes out first on me and tends to lock up. Lots of fun in the snow

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals