• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another ?

mht95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry guys about so many questions but this Ranger thing is new to me. My story is my truck temp never got above the cold line and therefore never any heat. So this morning I had a brain fart and covered my radiator half way and low and behold I have a warm truck.:icon_thumby: So the question is why and what might be a more permenant souloution? One other thing is it does it all the time winter or summer.

Thanks for any help
David

cwgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Automatic
Check/change your thermostat. It's likely stuck open.

Capt Jay

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Make / Model
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not a question, change the thermostat.

NVR2FST

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just went through this on mine. I replaced the upper/ lower hoses too while I was at it. Real easy to change the t-stat on the 4.0.

mht95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the input. Don't know why I did not think of that. Looks like I have some work to do today.

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
While you are at it.

I was just reading another thread where they were talking about leaky and defective heater control valves...you are undoubtedly going to be moving hoses around while you are doing the thermostat. My heater control valve cracked and dumped all the water out right after I did some work on the thermostat etc. The plastic was - I guess you would call it - rotten. It was just $15 at Autozone. The thing is cheap, tempermental and can really cause you some problems. I cracked a head because of the time it took to get of the freeway and check it out. Change it too. It will take you another 10 minutes.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I was just reading another thread where they were talking about leaky and defective heater control valves...you are undoubtedly going to be moving hoses around while you are doing the thermostat. My heater control valve cracked and dumped all the water out right after I did some work on the thermostat etc. The plastic was - I guess you would call it - rotten. It was just $15 at Autozone. The thing is cheap, tempermental and can really cause you some problems. I cracked a head because of the time it took to get of the freeway and check it out. Change it too. It will take you another 10 minutes.
Good advice to counter how %#%) cheap ford has become.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals