• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

any good stang forums?

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking for a good stang forum to find some info on fox body mustangs. I just acquired a 90 LX original 4cyl with no engine or trans in pretty nice shape. I couldn't argue with the price....free. I have a 302/c4 combo I can drop it in right now but I'm looking to go 460. The problem I'm having is I'm used to the orginization of TRS, its kinda hard to find decent info on the stang forums.

Matt

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i dont really see much info on here really. corral.net has a lot of good info if you search around. 460 is not really a good idea IMO unless you wanna spend a puntload on it

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there are millions of them, i used to be pretty active in some, but over winter the ranger has taken priority, and this website is one of the best ive been on.
in my own opinion, the 460/fox combo it kind of overrated. 351 is probably the coolest motor you can put in one. i have a '85 gt, '91 Lx, an '07 and we just sold our 2005 about two weeks ago.(too many, if there is such a thing!) the first thing you probably want to do is brace the crap out of the frame.... subframe connectors(weld in) strut braces and what not, then go from there... if not you will have tons of squeeks and rattles in the car later on.... and it gets annoying!

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
stangnet.com, allfordmustangs.com, mustang forums.net, stangplanet.net ....on and on and on!

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont really see much info on here really. corral.net has a lot of good info if you search around. 460 is not really a good idea IMO unless you wanna spend a puntload on it
what do you have? obviously a gt with juice. any details?

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
I already know the body needs braced pretty well. I'm making my own subframe connectors, torque box plates, ordering strut bar, link bars and so on. Really what I'm after is what stuff is good and what is junk so I know what to make and what to buy. I have pretty much any V8 and trans combo at my disposal. I already have a well built 351 in the Ranger that I know would push a decently setup stang into the low 11s. A similarly built big block would easily accomplish that and the fact that nobody in my area has a BB stang is all the more motivation.

Matt

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think jc pony parts is somewhere close to you. some where in Pa. the best place on earth to get parts! i would also look in 5.0mustang and super fords magazine. the first like 10+pages are full of awesome stuff. summit and jegs are pretty good too. i would just stay away from cheap stuff. oh, and shop around! you will find the same stuff from different companies at way different prices! i bought a few parts that the company bought from a nother public company, shipped directly from that store, but over paid about $50.

smokey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Transmission
Automatic
Dad's mustang is a good vender they are in fallston MD.
Spring Carlilse is this weekend don't forget.

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
what do you have? obviously a gt with juice. any details?
got a 90 gt with a windsor and high port heads and some other stuff with a litle juice...lol. runs damn good for what it is.(motor is for sale actually) i also have an 87 coupe almost done with a 302/gt40 combo with an S-trim vortech on it

thebison

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
ranger 1988
ma
Make / Model
Ranger ex. cab
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mustangsteve.com

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got a 90 gt with a windsor and high port heads and some other stuff with a litle juice...lol. runs damn good for what it is.(motor is for sale actually) i also have an 87 coupe almost done with a 302/gt40 combo with an S-trim vortech on it
those gt's were my favorite... the gt40 combo is pretty much what im looking at, in my 85 gt. i want to keep it street and "somewhat" stock. my wifes '91 lx, is going to be a flat out race car(NOT REAL FAST, JUST ITS SOLE PURPOSE).... dont know what were going to stuff in there yet, definatly a small block, 347? we just sold our 2005 two weeks ago, and right now our '07 is the only one on the road!

oh and forgot about mustangs unlimited!!!! very good.

Dan B.

January 2012 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
387 Windsor
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i think jc pony parts is somewhere close to you. some where in Pa....
That's CJ Pony Parts (think it is cjponyparts.com)...they are between Harrisburg and Hershey. Was there about two months ago when in te area for work. Picked up a nice set of V8 badges for the 358W Ranger.

Here is another guy in Indiana, PA http://www.mustangmarks.com/ Not much of a website but has a good selection of parts if you call. He's a little goofy but knows his stuff. He even has a mid-80's BB Mustang that's been featured in a couple magazines. His place is about 20 miles from me.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
stangnet.com is a good site

Birdman09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mustangforums.com no doubt, kicks ass. I dont spend to much time on there anymore as i traded my foxbody for my bronco. ahhh it to was a 4cyl conversion.

:3gears:

got a few videos if your interested. hehe

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals