• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone in MA help with installs?

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I am trying to find someone who I could go to for help with replacing things I cant do myself on my truck, or maybe some help pointing me to a "trusted" shop that doesnt fix unneed crap. I recently got raped at meineke for 470 for rear drums shoes wheel cylinder and they cut my rear parking brake lines because they said the drums were worn for so long i was leaking brake fluid through them and things rolling around destroyed the clamp that held the lines in place? im like they why cut the friggin things... ughhh... w.e but if someone would like to make money on side I was planning on doing fixes here and there as i can afford to truck. 205k miles and running strong, i only know basic trouble shooting. I can do shocks myself thats about extent of my "knowledge". if not maybe someone knows a good shop not TOOOO far from the lawrence, ma area? or close to Lynn, since i live with wife in lawrence, but my moms in lynn where i could hangout while stuff was done to truck. Id love to find an engine rebuild place or someone who had a shop and could do it. Maybe some fabrication work on front end as frame seems fine but alot of attachment points are rusted to hell. guy before me i guess just let truck run into ground but the body and interior for a 99 is in real good shape considering the age. Thanks for any help or tips where to go.
And dont go to meineke, some places might pop a finger in ur arse, meineke puts the whole boot in, and i dont think they took their boot back... oww.

mht95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I live in the Andover area and would be able to help with small stuff, I don't have a garage to work in but once it warms up I do my all of my own work. Or I can give you the name of a shop here in town that does good work.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya sounds good. I know I'll need help puttin coil pack in, and I'll prob get motorcraft plugs and new wires for spark plugs. New wires and connectors for battery. I was trying to follow wire for battery and everything is tied together and I lost where the hell it ends lol. I've done full radio installs on humvees in army but nothing mechanical to engines, just attachinh power cords to batteries. Nothin like a 24 volt battery zap to wake you up.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i was wanting to follow battery wire cause the negative terminal wire is exposed, the rubbers kinda pulled past the clamp just a tid bit, but enough to cause my battery light to flash on and off occasionally mainly when driving on highway when engines heated and melted snow or ice is beadin on it i assume. hopefully me ripping another 1 lb of acorns from airbox below filter will stop bumping if not some other things im gonna check out. damn squirrels, i swear if i could only let a shotgun blast rip at one of em as thhey run by my truck. its such a small hole leading to box... i thought only mice could crawl through spaces smaller then themselves....

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i live in peabody and can help you with almost anything short of rebuilding eng/trans/axles but if you get in a jam i work in lynn at pride chevy, iwould be willing to help out

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i live in peabody and can help you with almost anything short of rebuilding eng/trans/axles but if you get in a jam i work in lynn at pride chevy, iwould be willing to help out
ahh lynn, my mothers there. usta live with her till about 5 years ago. i actually tried to buy a vehicle there back when i was lookin, but i stood there for like 10 mins in middle of sales floor inside and noone came to help, they were busy but i was like damn so much for a "ya i want that vehicle, lets make it happen deal". lol. i ended up at honda getting a civic. hated it.
ahh id feel weird bringin a ford to a chevy place lol. the sales people would probably be like you wouldnt need repairs if you got this chevy lol. i know sales people haha. id come home with some new car and my wife would chop my stuff off.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
but ya, today on craigslist i seen a 1999 3.0 ranger 4x4 for 300. guy says everything works fine its just front right side got smashed in in an accident. i so wanna buy it for parts. i got some parts of front end id like to prob swap. and maybe leaf springs are in better condition idk guy hasnt responded to my request for photos. told em id buy it... w.e f em then. prob wants to scam. hes had 2 days to respond.

mht95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just spent $100 on that positive cable from ford mine was bad. Also the negative cable needs to be replaced but don't want to spend the money. Just let me know.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Damn, I thought cable had a one hookup spot. Come to findout multiple different lines run from connector to diff parts... F that. I just need new connectors then wires are fine just neg has loosened insulation around connector. The length seems fine to snip an inch off and put new connectors off. I've just never snipped a cable that thick to redo ends.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
God lol they should just run like one main and 5 little guys to other components lol. Damn making that 300 parts truck look good... Wonder how things in engine from 3.0-4.0 match up. I assume same battery cables... I hate that when married you gotta fight over what you spend money on.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals