• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone Know The Payload Of the 94 B3000?

B3000SE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Guys I just did a favor for a buddy and Picked up a huge TV for him... It weighed about 3 to 400 lbs (no Lie Its Old And Huge !) Anyhow on my way back up the hill my rig started getting really warm the north side of the middle on the temp gauge.We had myself,my 250lb friend and 2 young kids in the back seat could this make my truck run a little warm ? just curious of the payload on this truck since i did this trip and that happened...... any help would be appreciated.... :dunno:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think your cooling system is at its limit. Do a cleaning of the system as soon as possible before you warp or crack a head.
Richard

B3000SE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you I will consider it.... I looked into the system after it cooled off and The Antifreeze looks very clean and green,The cap is holding pressure,recovery tank is at the full line,the heater still blows hot... I am trying to figure out which component to point a finger at so I can start process of elimination....

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Being its CA this time of year a vehicle's temp needle shouldn't move far from "cool", and probably means something isn't right. Tho the stock gauge isn't hardly better than visually looking at the motor :icon_twisted:

Check:
All hoses
Thermostat
Radiator (could be plugged if you or a previous owner used a stop leak headgasket repair product)
Fan clutch
Temp sending unit

How many miles are on the Mazda? Was the airconditioner on when you noticed this? Sometimes just having that on will bump the needle up a few notches.

B3000SE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
145,728 miles,Ive checked the hoses,burped it yesterday,heater still works fine,I am leaning toward a sticky thermostat,the a/c wasn't on when it happened.I bought it from the original owners,which were an older couple who were well off financially and had it as a 3rd vehicle and took really good care of it(Its really clean and has lots of receipts). This thing takes forever to warm up,and now it retaining heat when it didnt before.... im gonna replace the thermostat for good measure....

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Replace the thermostat with one that is rated at the same temp as a factory one...a cooler one isn't the answer just FYI :icon_thumby:

The one for my 4.0L was a 198 Degree one....I'm not sure if its the same for the 3.0L or not.

I've replaced all that I previously mentioned and I can tow/haul stuff during the hottest part of the day with the A/C on in the middle of July and that needle never comes off "cool". If it does I start to worry but so far its been smooth sailin ever since.

B3000SE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I went and bought a 195 degree Thermostat (which is factory temp) and I haven't put it in yet because Its been raining go figure huh lol.I think the thermostat is sticking because it did the same exact thing on a cooler day yesterday(58 degrees),Its either the thermostat or I have an electrical Gremlin.I am really hoping its a thermostat.Thank you everyone for all of your input It is appreciated.

B3000SE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well the inevitable happened.. One of the bolts snapped off of the thermostat housing :temper:.... I tried several extractors but ended up having to drill it out and re tap it.... still not done yet I ran out of light yesterday.I am not enthused at all and am not speaking to my truck at this time :annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals