• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AOD to BW1350

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
So, I recently picked up an 85 B2 that has a carbureted 302 from an 86 T-Bird and C4 transmission hooked up to the 1350.

I came across a decent deal, that I had to pass on, for a 90 Mustang GT EFI engine with an AOD transmission and all wiring.

It would've been a spur of the moment purchase but I did a little research beforehand and found out the advance adapter I have now is incompatible, as one would expect.

From the front of the C4 to the 1350 I currently have 25.5 inches...
According to the tech articles, I should need the Advance Adapters AOD to1350 that is 5 inches long. P/N 50-8405.

I see now that particular adapter is no longer available and I'm redirected to the 9 inch long adapter. P/N 50-8404.

Is it as simple as pushing the engine further forward to maintain drive shaft lengths?
Is that possible because it doesn't look like it will be.
Why, if this swap would seem so common, would they discontinue such an important piece?

Thanks, in advance, for any info you guys can provide.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You'll happy (NOT) to know the 50-8404 is out of stock too. :( Apparently, there just isn't demand to tool another run... Knowing what I do about mfg, Advance would need a run of 10+ to justify setup; do you have 9 friends who want to do this?

I believe the 8404 is for the newer ('98+) Ranger conversion which had the longer 4e55/5e55 transmissions to start with... Which are still more common than the older trucks...

Transfer case will need to be moved back 4" and drive shafts adjusted accordingly if you get a 8404...

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
You'll happy (NOT) to know the 50-8404 is out of stock too. :( Apparently, there just isn't demand to tool another run... Knowing what I do about mfg, Advance would need a run of 10+ to justify setup; do you have 9 friends who want to do this?

I believe the 8404 is for the newer ('98+) Ranger conversion which had the longer 4e55/5e55 transmissions to start with... Which are still more common than the older trucks...

Transfer case will need to be moved back 4" and drive shafts adjusted accordingly if you get a 8404...
Thanks for the reply and insight, don.

Not many other options for me, I guess...I gotta buy 9 more Broncos. Lol

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
Another question to anyone...

It's kind of hard finding exactly what I'm looking for using the search function.

How do I remove the C4 adapter? Is it a total tranny tear down?
The pdf on the Advance Adapters website doesn't say much.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals