• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I just saw Avatar the movie last night at I-Max in 3D. It was freaking Awsome!:headbang: Was a well spent $12 bucks.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i saw it opening weekend in imax 3D...I agree, amazing.

plot was ok but visually was freakin crazy.

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Agreed, the 3D made it for me too. I liked the previews for Alice in Wonderland better LOL. When the Cheshire Cat faded out and only his smiling face was left, it looked like it was hovering in the middle of the theater.

ScovillesFX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6 5-Speed
Transmission
Manual
Unlike other 3-D movies, this one doesn't feel like an assault. Very immersive and as it drinks you in, you forget you're wearing glasses. It creates a new tier of movie entertainment. Very impressive. Make sure to see it big.

TayCo 7s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah its freaking awesome in 3d

my favorite part was those machines that the soldiers used , i forgot the name ... they move inside and the machine does the exact same thing.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Havent seen it yet but ive heard that it kinda lacks a story. I kind of want to see it for the visual aspect though

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Havent seen it yet but ive heard that it kinda lacks a story. I kind of want to see it for the visual aspect though
trying to say as little as possible to avoid ruining it...I wouldn't say it lacks a story, it's got plenty of story.

It's just that the story isn't exactly new. I can think of two movies off the top of my head that could more or less be superimposed on the Avatar setting and be the same movie.

That said, if neither of those movies had already been made, Avatar would probably be getting praise for it's story isntead of criticism. One of the movies I'm thinking off with an almost identical plot won 7 oscars and was nominated for 12 back in 1990.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree. While the storyline is very basic you get a real sense of connection to it though the incredibly well done characters and environment. I was at the midnight premier for Imax 3D and saw it again later that week. GREAT movie, easily my favorite of 2009. This is coming from a guy who sees almost every major title.

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was exactly the same plot as Dances with Wolves with some cool visual effects. They dragged everything out so much that I was even begging for the fight scenes to end. They were so long it wasn't even entertaining anymore.

That and the giant hippie smurfs were so smugly self-righteous that I wanted to see the humans wipe them all out.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was exactly the same plot as Dances with Wolves with some cool visual effects. They dragged everything out so much that I was even begging for the fight scenes to end. They were so long it wasn't even entertaining anymore.

That and the giant hippie smurfs were so smugly self-righteous that I wanted to see the humans wipe them all out.
:icon_rofl:ROTFLMAO!:icon_rofl:

You would make a great movie critic! LOL!

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I thought it was cool, I was never looking at my watch or taking off the glasses cause of the 3-d headaches

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Gotta give ya credit, that was awesome.

However, I was at work at 7am, finished work and got to the theater at 8pm waited in line 'til midnight. They messed up the projector (gave us free tickets for it, though) and I fell asleep waiting 'til 12:45AM waiting for the movie...I did not sleep a WINK during that movie. I didn't see a single cellphone light nor did I hear a single person say anything. Not hearing anything at a premier is actually pretty rare, usually after a couple hours in line people don't want to wait to add their two cents to the movie. What was even crazier is when I saw the movie again a few days later at a regular showing the theater was packed and had the same result. I do not think it's going to have the same appeal as an at-home DVD, I think for 2009 Sherlock Holmes takes that awards (as movie that is GOING to be a good DVD) It was great in the theater because it's so immersive, it really makes you feel like you're in another world, and I'm actually considering going to see it a third time. It's never going to be nearly as good once it's out of the theater.

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
i didnt see it yet but my sister said it was like lord of the rings only in outer space. LOL

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
I made it through just over 1/2 an hour before I HAD to call it quits. The special effects were cool, the rest of the movie was boring as all get out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals