• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Back after a hiatus, much changed...

19bonestock88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Plane travel? I'll do my flying on the ground, thanks!
I'm back guys! I've been absent a while, due to vehicle problems and then financial problems, and then I lost my job... So for now I have some time, lol...

Anyway around December, I had my Suzuki in the shop for a routine timing belt change, and then on New Year's Eve, I spun a rod bearing in my wife's Saturn sl1, and ended up buying her a L200(not sure if I mentioned it here)... Then I had problems with my ranger in the wheel bearing department...

And then tax returns come back, and I was faced with a decision... Do I sell my first truck and buy a newer truck to drive and play with? Or do I instead pour the same money into my old truck, in an attempt to make it reliable again?

I ended up buying another truck and selling the older one, with the option of buying it back when the buyer gets his fleet up and running again...

(Taken directly from the CL ad...)
Meet my new truck, the Danger Ranger V2.00, if you will... I will learn much from this one, as it's completely different from what I'm used to, with the major differences being that it's EEC-V controlled, and it's Cologne powered... That's right, I bought a 95 XL, 4.0/5speed, 2wd truck, rust free except the tailgate and dent free until I got it home...

Sorry for the novel... I just let my thoughts spill over the touch screen, lol...

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome back~!

Nice looking truck...and probably way more power than the old beast...but...more complicated...so, yeah, you will be in the learning curve for a bit...but there is plenty of helpful information on that one too...:icon_thumby:

19bonestock88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
So far much of the learning curve is in the driving experience... With the open diff and the 205/75-14 tires from the first gen, I get wheelspin if I'm too ham fisted in first gear on takeoff, or in 2nd or 3rd in a corner... I'm looking into getting a meatier tire to run and hopefully get some traction...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes the extra power always takes a bit of adjustment...I'm looking forward to that day myself...lol

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my mother in law had a L200 ..... you must stay up on oil changes....they have issues with the timing chain....my mother in laws saturn broke the timing chain and bent 4 valves.... a very spendy fix.....we got rid of the saturn because we couldnt afford to fix it

19bonestock88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Yeah, I'll eventually get used to the 4.0 under the hood... Then I'll be looking to boost it, lol...

The L200 was bought for twelve hundred and our SL1 with a spun rod bearing... It has 253,000 miles now, and if it gets to my goal of 400,000 miles with only basic maintenance, I'll be happy... If it dies, I will just replace it, or give my wife my Suzuki i just got back from the shop in running/driving order... New engine/clutch/clutch slave later, that is... An incorrectly done timing belt change cost the shop owner about $2000...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals