• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"Back in the day" Old fart rants.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I was one of those Safety Nazis (good name for a Rock band)...sort of...but I actually knew and performed the job for two years before I took the position...

Management was largely made up of people who worked in the plant for decades and moved over to run the place as needed...except for the new manager we got just before the price of steel went through the floor...but he had never worked in this plant and although he was very smart he was not fully aware of the processes...and he added a few things that just did not make any sense...

Not to mention he wanted to replace a furnace that had been working since WWII doing the same job repeatedly...but we were getting too much shale and he thought it was the furnace...total cost $6 Million...

My BIL who worked the plant for 30 years figured out what was wrong...and it had to do with someone plugging up holes by mistake that allowed the furnace to breathe properly...his solution...about $300 in a day labour costs to clean out the holes that were plugged up...

Needless to say...my BIL was awarded a recognition plaque and a few other perks for finding this...the new manager was not impressed because his idea only looked good on paper...except the ROI which would take about 20 more years to start making money and pay for itself...

The company was going to go for it...but what was made back in 1942 or somewhere around there was perfectly capable of producing low shale anodized steel the way it was originally designed...until some idiot maintenance man decided to plug up the holes...and he was told to do this by some new manager who thought the holes were letting the heat out and costing too much money...

Last edited:

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
Whats happening to our society is like the death of a frog in boiling water; no one notices because it happens so slowly. Take all the safety Nazis controlling how we do our job. It used yo be that you would work at the same job for years, and those with more experience would teach the greenhorns. Now we have safety Nazis coming on site and making the job more difficult than it needs to be. The big corporations don't mind because they pass the cost on to the consumer, bit the small business can't afford to do that so ends up selling to the big Corp or quitting. We do need safety but we need people that have done the job to oversee, not suits or those Nazis.

Sent from my XT1032
Liberty, and simple common sense solutions are always sacrificed in the name of "public safety", "public protection", "the greater good", "the common good", "national security" and the 500 other catch phrases that the enemies of free societies use to appeal to our logic to get us to willingly give up our rights. A maximum security, solitary prison cell is probably the safest place in the known world. Who wants to go spend the rest of their "safe" existence there? Not me. "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Liberty, and simple common sense solutions are always sacrificed in the name of "public safety", "public protection", "the greater good", "the common good", "national security" and the 500 other catch phrases that the enemies of free societies use to appeal to our logic to get us to willingly give up our rights. A maximum security, solitary prison cell is probably the safest place in the known world. Who wants to go spend the rest of their "safe" existence there? Not me. "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
With your permission I'm going to use your post on facebook. It says what I feel but have a hard time expressing.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I believe 99% of the problems with society today is it is acceptable and in many cases we are required to lie. If that hag gets elected get worried!! real worried.

Mike Tonon

I work in a shop that is more old school, I guess. Not always a good thing, but a good place to learn.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
I work in a shop that is more old school, I guess. Not always a good thing, but a good place to learn.
What type of work do you do? If I may ask..

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
With your permission I'm going to use your post on facebook. It says what I feel but have a hard time expressing.
Please, be my guest. I'm happy to speak for anyone who agrees that a return to feudalism is not in our best interest.

I believe 99% of the problems with society today is it is acceptable and in many cases we are required to lie. If that hag gets elected get worried!! real worried.
If "that hag" gets elected we will have to change our country's name to the U.S.S.A. so there will be no mistake. I have feared the prospect of her eventual presidency since she was first lady Clinton. I used to pray that her political career would die before she could run, and continue to do so, but she will be the next president of the United States of America. It's almost inevitable.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder

I would rather live on my feet than die on my knees. I still in my enlisted oath, protect the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Sent from my iPad avoiding something that I should be doing right now.

Mike Tonon

What type of work do you do? If I may ask..
I work at a relatively small machine shop. I've been involved in making dies, shift linkages and parts for grenades and sandblasting some things and fixing things around the shop using imagination.

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I would rather live on my feet than die on my knees. I still in my enlisted oath, protect the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Sent from my iPad avoiding something that I should be doing right now.
I hope that you and others like you will do just that if the day comes. I watched a historic moment in Moscow in the late 80's of early 90's. (I'm getting old and so much has happened; it gets hard to remember) There was civil unrest in the Moscow, Red square. (perhaps the Kremlin) Demonstrators or something of that nature were not going home as told by authorities, and an order to open fire on the civilian citizens was issues to the Soviet troops and artillery that were positioned at the scene. There was a tense moment of indecision after the order was given after which the troops and artillery captains turned their guns on each other instead of the crowd. It was spine-chilling history in the making that resulted in a draw. Not a single shot was fired, nor were any disciplinary actions taken against the troops that I'm aware of. It may have very well been staged, but what a show! I hope things would go at least that well if it happened in America. I hope. Thanks for your service hoosier1104, and god bless.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Rest assured they are in the wrong hands. That's the future of military and law enforcement operations; air, sea and ground "drones." Every tool or tech we humans create becomes a weapon. Every one. We seem to have no other purpose but to procreate, survive and kill one another as effectively as possible. Interesting creatures we are. It's been that way ever since the very first crop was planted. With the grain, also grew the notion of "property ownership" and the need to protect it from those who would unrightfully help themselves to the fruits of our labor. A very real, and unfortunate part of the human condition.

Last edited:

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Rest assured they are in the wrong hands. That's the future of military and law enforcement operations; air, sea and ground "drones." Every tool or tech we humans create becomes a weapon. Every one. We seem to have no other purpose but to procreate, survive and kill one another as effectively as possible. Interesting creatures we are. It's been that way ever since the very first crop was planted. With the grain, also grew the notion of "property ownership" and the need to protect it from those who would unrightfully help themselves to the fruits of our labor. A very real, and unfortunate part of the human condition.

interesting...

I thought the main purpose of human existence was to consume food and turn it into shit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals