• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

best price on clutch components online?

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, am in need of a clutch kit and flywheel for my 94 Ranger 4x4 ext cab with a 4.0 and M5oD trans. Just wanting your opinions and suggestions for the best price online for these components. Also, have any of you had good luck with LUK clutch components? Thanks

Kansasipi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
to clutch or not to clutch...

Clutches and pressure plates, IMHO, are something that sometimes ppl don't look at realistically.

When trying to determine how much clutch pressure you need the determining factors are what use you want from your truck and how you set it up.

Since stock trucks, unloaded, are light enough in the rear end to scratch rubber any time you wish so for me it seems like over kill to take a truck, like mine, that has maybe 152 hp, 15" wheels and is a daily driver and put some huge exotic clutch system that take both legs to push it to the floor.

Now on the other hand if I were to want some off road monster with huge tires and considerable more hp like 250+ then of course I would want or need a clutch that was indestructible.

But when guys put big clutches in the average ranger/bronco II then you need to consider what or how small those itsy bitsy u-joints that ford has blessed us with.

I put my currant clutch in 4 years ago and wore out two sets of tires and 7 rear u-joints and 1 rear yoke.

I paid $67 for clutch,P/Plate and it was a rebuilt or reconditioned. I have my tranny out now due input shaft failure, so for me my 'cheep' clutch out lasted every other component and it still has plenty of life left in it but I prolly will replace it as after I rebuild the trans I don't want to have to go back in a year or so and change it.

Having said all of that I have heard a lot of good things about the Luk clutches, I like the two stage, but most of the guys that I have talked to don't have enough truck to qualify the need of the extra pressure but to each his own.

But the bottom line is what you want to afford, but while I do buy a great deal of parts online I usually have found the best deal is at a local supplier that deals in nothing but clutch/pressure plate systems. Most of the online suppliers will order from shops like that and simply drop-ship what you order to your door.

And funny thing is you could possibly drive accross town to the shop that sent it and buy it cheeper at the counter.

sorry about the long post

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals