• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blender Door

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
so this has been bothering me for a while and finally ahve time to attempt to fix stuff. i did the blend door fix by putting a little pin in the thing and it worked for about a day. i hate having only heat or max a/c. is there any way to fix or check the actuall blend door? my great idea is that its sticking, the actuator on top does work so thats not it, i was thinkin of tryin to spray some WD40 or some silicone in the little hole on top of it, anyone think that would do anything? any ideas please

DANGER4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
google ranger blend door fix or something and tons of detailed fixes will come up, just replace it, buy a replacement one from napa or something, but just google ad read a couple different links, tons of info.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
awesome thanks Richard i guess ima be tearin my dash apart one of these days. im so glad its a cheap fix, just a lot of labor and plugs

DANGER4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yep i replaced mine a couple days ago took me about 6 hrs total because i took alot of stuff apart on the dash i didnt need to only took me about an hour to get it back in, just find out exactly what bolts need to be removed, i know the 4 big bolts under the defroster trim(trim just pops up,kinda hard but make sure you slowly pull it up going along the dash) and 2 small screws in the middle and then the bolts on the side by the doors, 2 on drivers and 1 on passenger, remove the trim around the meter assembly and the meter itself and then the steering column which is 4 bolts under dash and 1 pinch bolt on shaft then the electrical plugs, undoing the 3 bolts on the fuse block helped for a little slack in the harness later on, there is 1 small bolt hiding under dash to the left of the shifter its a gold one. i removed all the trim like stereo and what not to make it a little lighter since i was doing this by myself but its not needed. i dont remember any other bolts but im sure im missing some, but undo all the plugs under the passenger kick panel and there is a big plug on the drivers side that needs to be unbolted, its like a 10mm nut, for some slack and there is 3 screws holding on the main harness on the drivers side(big black plastic cover) right next to it undo those for some slack and have someone lift the drivers side of the dash up a bit and then swing the passenger side onto the consel.

kinda bored at work so i figured this would help someone a little bit.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
ya thanks planned on doin it today but part didnt come in early enuf. will prolly do it next week sometime. ya thanks danger that should help me alot, my buddy will prolly help me so i hope it helps. one quick question, if i can i take the whole steering column off can i leave the airbag in? and do i have to take it off on the pass. side? or will it jsut stay attached to the dash?

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
well finally tackled it today, got the dash back in now jsut gotta finish puttin all the trim back in and steering column and plugs. some advice for others attempting to do this. you really dont need to take out the airbags, i saw no need to. steering column was a bitch and i ended up taking the driver seat out and it seemed to help wiht having some more room.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
woohoo got it all back together, and i am very happy now that it all works. one question i did have with teh kit. the one i got came with like a plastic flapper door with rubber on the edges of it and a pivot point on each end. anyone know what this could be for? i didnt see a place for it and didnt mention it in teh directions

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches in the back, not enough in the front
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
Darnit, Richard, that link is broke.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals