• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

body mount brackets, and spring buckets

jonsranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My '92 ex cab 4x4 ranger has a few rust issues, which I couldn't see when I bought it.

1. the drivers side rear cab mount bracket is pretty much gone,
2. the upper rear shock mounts are gone,
3. the front left spring bucket is cracked in half, the only thing holding it up is a strip of metal right behind the shock.

I can't find any of these parts in my price range, the only junk yards close by either don't let you pull the parts your self or don't let you have power tools out on the yard.

I can fab, but I don't have a welder.

I was really wondering if the 2wd and 4wd spring buckets were the same, and if the standard cab and ex cab body mount brackets were the same? Also how easy they are to get off, if they were riveted on i can do that, but if they are welded on then I'm up a creek.

what are any of my other options, I cant find any brackets on ebay, and the james duff spring mounts are way out of my price range. I found a '93 2wd standard cab. with no engine or drive train that i can get, i was wondering if those parts off of it would work?

Thanks,
Jon

Sorry for the long post, I'm sort of flipping out right now, since I'm scared to death of driving this truck around now.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The cab mounts are the same and I know they are held to the frame with rivets.
I'm pretty sure the upper rear shock mounts are the same and I know they are held on with rivets.
I'm pretty sure the spring buckets are the same.
I would grab a tape measure and a camera and check the donor against your truck.
I'm pretty sure that it'll work.

Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals