• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brain zaps????? anyone

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
any one else get brain zaps while trying to sleep? I get them, and there pissing me off. sometimes there a side effect from comming off meds but im not on any.

just ass im about to fall asleep......zappppp!!!!!!:icon_surprised: my head rips off the pillow and im wide awake again.

:annoyed:

any one else deal with this? anything you did to help it?

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Have your Boy Friend taser you.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Have your Boy Friend taser you.
:icon_confused:

???????????

im not trying to be funny its something i deal with.:sad:

and i am a guy not a chick

please control the retarded thoughts your brain comes up with.:icon_thumby:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
:icon_confused:

???????????

im not trying to be funny its something i deal with.:sad:

and i am a guy not a chick

please control the retarded thoughts your brain comes up with.:icon_thumby:
:owned:

4x4mike2004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.squirill
Transmission
Automatic
i get random twitches sometimes, i'll be about to faall asleep then my arm or leg will give one violent twitch.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
What's wrong with being gay? :icon_bounceblue:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I do that....... and the feeling is kind of like Dane Cook said about waking up late for work, and you haven't even looked at the clock, you just freaking know your late, and you get that upset feeling in your stomache, then you look at the clock and just go crap, my day is ruined.

But I do it every time the heat kicks on, every time a limb hits the window, or a jilted ex texts me. Pretty much every hour on the hour I'm sitting up in bed, gripping a pistol and a mag light.

I attribute this to quitting alcohol and cigarettes cold turkey around Christmas on the same day, and living in a big house by myself.

btw: I am so tired in the mornings that my alarm has trouble waking me up (catch-22 huh?)

Frank

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
I am not doctor. But it sounds like a sleep disorder. I would seriously talk to a doctor. It sounds like you arn't getting enough real sleep. REM(rapid eye movement) sleep its called. thats the stage of sleep where your brain is actually (they think anyways) processing the stuff you did during the day and other stuff.

If you don't get enough REM sleep the brain starts to do weird things and people literally start going crazy. seeing shits thats not there paranoia and other crap. Like snapping awake thinking somethings there. and then not rememebering it.

anyways as i said. im not a doctor. go see one.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I used to do that all the time. I've found that running a fan on low and playing out scenarios in my head is helpful. It gives my mind something to focus on while I get to sleep.

You just have to watch what you are thinking about or this technique can produce some FUNKY dreams (running from the cops, assimilated by the Borg, etc). Gets me to sleep in less than 10 minutes most nights, and I stay out (used to have extreme problems with insomnia).

I still have the problems with hallucinating and paranoia though. Can't ever remember anything either. But that's just the senility setting in.

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I used to do that all the time. I've found that running a fan on low and playing out scenarios in my head is helpful. It gives my mind something to focus on while I get to sleep.

You just have to watch what you are thinking about or this technique can produce some FUNKY dreams (running from the cops, assimilated by the Borg, etc). Gets me to sleep in less than 10 minutes most nights, and I stay out (used to have extreme problems with insomnia).
That's called Lucid Dreaming. You can eventually get where you can control what goes on in your dream because you realize you aren't in reality and you are dreaming. I've read that when you have it to the point in time where you know you are dreaming and you can control it you can do all sorts of stuff like fly and make things appear in front of you in your dream world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Wikipedia said:
A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that she or he is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, she or he can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can seem extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream.
To the OP. White noise (like adsm08 mentions by way of a fan) helps to put you to sleep. Have you been taking any kind of meds lately or drinking more caffeine than normal? Been doing anything like exercising before bed? Getting your body all worked up like that will make it have a harder time winding down to sleep, unless the workout is sex :) I've read that doing things that slow your mind down like reading a book will help. If you drink tea at all (I know someone is going to laugh) I have a tea you can buy anywhere that I save for this kind of occasion. It's by that one brand Celestial Seasons and it's called Sleepy Time. It's got chamomile and spearmint in it that helps you to relax too. Stress can also keep you from getting a good nights rest. And no, I'm not a doctor, I've just read up on it because I go through this all the time. I also get the stupid leg spasm thing too...

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I used to drink this tea that helped me sleep...... it was called a liter of bourbon (yes the whole liter after work). I would actually wake up more rested coming out of a drunk than I do sober.

I'm thinking ny-quil tablets or sleep aids might have the same effect.

Frank

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
that usually happens to me too... but only cause i start thinking about other stuff thats real important... like did i do that super important thing? (like forgetting to pick someone up or thinking its like the next day all of the sudden.)

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Hows that? make millions for sleep talking........ think I could live with that.

Frank

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals