• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronoco COils in a ranger

1994Rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my ranger has a 4 inch in the front and a 6 inch in the back the local JY have a full sized bronoc with a 2 inch lift on it . and i read in the tech libary that f150 or bronoco coils lift a ranger 4 inchs so am i correct to assume that 2 inch bronco coils will lift my ranger a total of 6 inches in the front. my biggest worry is will it make my front end way way to stiff?? any imput is great

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
They may work, but the only way to really know for sure is to try them. There will be considerable variation in the height you'll get from F-150 coils due to all the various body style and engine options available for both the F-150, as well as with RBVs.

Also, if you misplace your post in the wrong forum, please just ask a moderator to move or delete it. Reposting it over again tends to create clutter. (I went ahead and deleted the other post) Thanks :icon_thumby:

1994Rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya that what i was thinking cause of liek diffents engines in a f150. its a full sized bronco with a 5.0.. the jy will sell me them for 40 bucks. the bronco also has diffrent radious arms with moutns for twin shocks will those fit on the dana 35.

and i was unsure on how to delete a post or move it. little new to this been a member for a while just starting to be active

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
No problem.
Under your post when you click "Edit", there should be an option to delete it there. If that's not showing or isn't working, then just put "Mods please delete" or similar into it and one of us will see it and take care of it :icon_thumby:

On the dual shocks, they are not easily adaptable to RBVs. You would have to swap the coil buckets, then figure out how to attach the other shock at the axle or radius arm (not impossible if you can fabricate stuff and are good with a welder).

1994Rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im good with a welder but my access to a welder is very limited like 2 and a half hours a day at school minus classroom time. i hate workin on projects at school they take to long cause i only get a good hour to a hour and a half of work. if i do it at home i get it done in 2 nights.

gues when i get a extra 40 bucks im headed back to the jy and gettin these coils and we will see from there... this is after i do my manual transfer swap. thats comming once the girlfriend goes back to college and i get time alone in the garage . Oh boy i can freakin wait peace in my garage

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
"Oh boy i can freakin wait peace in my garage". Dang, dude, you sound like your married.

1994Rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so has really no one tryed this before. bronco lift coils in a ranger. id wish someone had infor befor i buy them

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals