• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

camber caster bushing questions

Ranger1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just put the coil spacers in my truck, its a 4x4 dana 35, im wondering what size, how many and anything else i need to know to get them and have the truck aligned. i posted one about this a while ago so sorry for the repost, but i still had questions after everyone stopped replying. and i couldnt find anything on other sites Thanks Guys!!

Ranger1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is what i need to have corrected... im looking for what i need pertaining to the adjustable bushings...

Attachments

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you are taking it to shop for alignment, dont worry about the bushings,the alignment shop will know exactly what bushings you will need. they may have them in stock. to know what bushings you need they will have to measure the caster and camber. i hope this helps.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
An alignment shop will be able to measure what bushing you'll need, or you can buy an adjustable alignment bushing from Rockauto or Summit Racing or the like. I've found that sometimes the hard part is finding an alignment shop that really knows how to do an alignment on a TTB/TIB front axle. Some shops are good and some are only able to get it close because they don't have a clue.

Ranger 1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok so should i forget about ordering bushings and just find a shop that can do it?

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats what i would do. you cant guess accurately enough to get the right bushings. or you could get the most offset bushings and have them installed before taking it to the shop. just keep in mind that they will probably not be able to get the caster to factory spec unless you lowered your radius arm crossmember. caster does not affect tire wear, but does change the way the truck drives. more caster makes the front wheels want to come back to center. less caster you may experience some wandering. also without enough caster you cant tow it with a towbar

Ranger1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
alright, thanks guys! appreciate it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals