• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CEL has'nt come on in 3 days! YAY!!!

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Don't want to jump the gun yet again but the CEL has'nt come on in about three days now and I've put about 500-600 miles on her since the last time I erased the DTC's.

All I did was swap plug wires from cylinder #1 to cylinder #2 to see if the code would follow, but since I did that there has'nt been a CEL yet.

There was a bunch of crossed wires though and I made sure to uncross them and put them in the plug wire holders (forgot the name) properly. It actually seems like cylinder #2 wires was made for cylinder #1 as far as the length goes. It was a little stretched before.

There's still a little pop out of the exhaust when decellerating in gear, like going down a hill. I think that's because my cat's hollowed out though. The misfiring only happens once or twice a day now too and it's usually when I first start up the Ranger in the morning and romp on it then let off.

I'm thinking 02 sensor's next.

Allen

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Cool...guess your just about done with that...I was going to suggest changing that #1 plug wire when you mentioned you got zapped by grabbing it...I've never gotten a shock from doing that so I suspected something was amiss...and I always use those wire separators...they not only look better but they keep the interference down...

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Awsome man! seems like you had nothing but problems there for a while, glad to hear someone got everything straightened out. with that exhaust poping on decel. you might try tightening the exhaust at the header and see if that cures it, i know on my 4 stroke dirt bikes they pop like crazy if you've got a bad seal at the header.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted to let everyone know that the CEL remains off!

Every so often I will get a misfire and it's still slightly there at idle but all in all the Ranger's running like a top.

I started thinking though, when I originally installed this engine and put it all together I only had the lower intake plenum installed and I sprayed the hell out of it with carb cleaner. So much carb cleaner in fact that when I started her up it was like a "SEAFOAM" treatment. It was smoking horribly for like 5 minutes or more!

Could I have fouled or partially fouled a plug by doing this? Even a new plug? Maybe it's as simple as that you know?

Allen

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
CEL still off guys!

Allen

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals