• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check your local Auto Recyclers!!!!!

94DangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone,
Check your local Auto Recyclers, the guys that crash 'em, cause my local guy is selling parts off "Cash for Clunkers" cars. He is allowed to sell everything but the engine and frame. Prices are whatever scrape brings in your area. Doors $30 Beds $100. We have a least 15 Rangers and tons of Explorers. Some guy come in and bought all tires and wheels on everything. Bummer! I considered buying a flareside for a spare $100 bucks......I don't think the junkyards are getting these. Good luck!:D

Time2SHO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That would be great, only if i could afford parts for my truck right now. broke and searching for a job. Wont stop me from looking every once in awhile though.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
That would be great, only if i could afford parts for my truck right now. broke and searching for a job. Wont stop me from looking every once in awhile though.
same

85DANGERanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, the pull a parts and pic a parts around here have nothing but cash for clunkers cars, good for someone wanting body or drivetrain, bad for someone needing a engine part, like me. i cant seem to find a good 4.0 jeep head at any of the local junkyards, all the 4.0 jeeps are cash for clunkers, it gets kinda frustrating.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The yard I'm working at, has a TON of CFC cars. Mostly Jeep Cherokees, Explorer, and Suburbans... Yet there is a mint '00 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, ext cab, red, everything, it is a NICE truck, yet it was traded in on the cash for clunkers... There is no way in hell that is a clunker, and is sure as hell worth more than $4500...

I'm hoping to score the D44 TTB, and D44/ 9" rear out of a Bronco/ F-150. the not-so-ordanary fullwidth swap (I love the TTB)!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
The yard I'm working at, has a TON of CFC cars. Mostly Jeep Cherokees, Explorer, and Suburbans... Yet there is a mint '00 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, ext cab, red, everything, it is a NICE truck, yet it was traded in on the cash for clunkers... There is no way in hell that is a clunker, and is sure as hell worth more than $4500...

I'm hoping to score the D44 TTB, and D44/ 9" rear out of a Bronco/ F-150. the not-so-ordanary fullwidth swap (I love the TTB)!
If you lived near Western PA I could get you all the TTB D-44's you could ever want, I know a ton of places with 'em. A 9" rear might be a lil more difficult to find, but...

I'm surrounded by TTB fullsizes, but good luck finding a straight axle or RBV parts... (fortunately I have a couple straight axles tucked away, lol)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yet there is a mint '00 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, ext cab, red, everything, it is a NICE truck, yet it was traded in on the cash for clunkers... There is no way in hell that is a clunker, and is sure as hell worth more than $4500...
Some dealerships were matching the CFC thing, $9k isn't too bad of a deal for a 10 year old truck.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
i hit my local pick and save two weeks ago and scored a pair or ford factory Marchal Foglights witht the covers that say ford on them..$25!!!with the wiring harness!!!

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I wish they were $30 a door here... more like $300 :shok:

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Guys & Gals

I just made my first trip to the boneyard since the CFC was started & finished...............WHATA WASTE!

I seen at least 24 Explorers, 1 Expedition, 1 95 Ranger, 97 back F150's, I even seen a Mercedes SUV marked CLUNKER!:icon_surprised:

SICKENING to say the least!!!

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I just went to my favorite junkyard on Wednesday and scored a new bed for my F150. With that I got a nice tailgate, three spare taillights, nice carpet, a plastic bedliner, four 35x12.50x17 BFG AT's, a reciever hitch, aluminum bed rails, door locks and ignition cylinder for a 73-79 F150, and some other misc stuff. Spent a total of $140 :D

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Must be nice. The Jackweed down the road that managed to get in on the CFC thing SMASHES THEM AS FAST AS THEY COME IN. F'n Jackazz. Seriously, he will have 6 on the trailer, and will take them off one at a time, pull the cats, crush it and then put it on another trailer, then repeat.

idfeiid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The junkyards around me all ways suck, they never have any rangers.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The two guys near me have rangers out the ass, just never anything I can use or need. 9 times out of 10 when I finally find the truck I'm looking for, the part I need has already been taken.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals