• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

checker auto parts to oriley auto parts

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
does anyone hate this transition? i used to be a frequent customer to my checker parts store, but then they got absorbed or something. new coumpter systems and junk, and i SWEAR, no one knows how to find parts now.

i went in asking for an exhaust gasket and the guy didnt know what i was talking about and eventually just gave up. and decided to help some one else, i know the guy as well, he has worked there for several years now.

im using rockauto.com now for any more parts, i can deal with shipping and wait!

Last edited:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
does anyone hate this transition? i used to be a frequent customer to my checker parts store, but then they got absorbed or something. new coumpter systems and junk, and i SWEAR, no one knows how to find parts now.

i went in asking for an exhaust gasket and the guy didnt know what i was talking about and eventually just gave up. and decided to help some one else, i know the guy as well, he has worked there for several years now.

im using rockauto.com now for any more parts, i can deal with shipping and wait!
i know how you feel all to well:icon_twisted:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I used to hate O'reilly when they first came to town. Horrible service and nothing but idiots behind the counter. The one closest to me happens to be right next to Autozone. Although within the last 6 months or so I have actually started to go there more than Autozone. At least 3 out of the last 5 time I have gone to AZ, they have given me the wrong parts. I have just been going to O'reilly and have not had any complaints.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
O'Riley is the closest thing to a NAPA a big box store can get.

NAPA > anyone else

NAPA has people that have classic cars themselves, works on cars and makes a decent living, they also have more than two people working, and not like a over ran Autozone with only two people working, and you can't pay at the parts counter, you got to go to the "Checkout zone" and wait in line.:annoyed:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
+1 on NAPA. They usually know their stuff and have better parts. If I can't get OE, I go NAPA, then I start looking at chain stores. On occasion I've even found NAPA guys who know more than me, plus NAPA is the only one of the parts companies that actively supports ASE certification. That's a big plus in my book.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
+1 on NAPA. They usually know their stuff and have better parts. If I can't get OE, I go NAPA, then I start looking at chain stores. On occasion I've even found NAPA guys who know more than me, plus NAPA is the only one of the parts companies that actively supports ASE certification. That's a big plus in my book.
AutoZone actively supports ASE certification. I know, because I ran one.

And I made it a point to have those who didn't know their parts spend their time on the floor cleaning and facing shelves. My counter guys were top notch.

2.9XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
We don't have any Checkers around here, but our O'reilly's replaced a local independent so that sucked.

I don't even go into a chain parts store without looking the part up online first. It's usually a complete waste of time if I don't.

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
yeah thats the truth. ...... i was just out and about so i figured i might as well check and see..... i do like rockauto.com

very handy. no douche bag trying to tell me i dont know my truck as well as he does kind of thing.

irishblessing

So Checker and O'Reilly are the same company? cause we have Kragen here and i guess O'Reilly bought them out

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i think this past month, o'riley bought out checker around here anyway , they got rid of all there power built tools and junk. and got purtty new green shirts and a new sign of above there door.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Congradulations on losing another decent parts outfit! The Big O around here ( AND I don't MEAN THE ONE IN D.C.) blows major chunks. Sparkplugs? Yep, as long as they are the factory spec ones. Air filters? Yep, here use this K&N because...... NO, I DO NOT want that Gods forsaken piece of old T-shirt. Give me what I said. Rear brakes for the Bronco. Here you go. NO. I said that the brakes were NOT the little ones. dips.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
CarQuest ALWAYS has what I need. I refuse to go to Checker or AutoZone...for anything...all garbage and overpriced.

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
yeh i need to find me one of those ... there around, im just too lazy to make the trip, as the box stores are like three minutes away ahha.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I buy 99% of my parts from either O'Reilly or RockAuto. One of my local O'Reilly stores has 4 or 5 employees that are great.

AutoZone can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. They NEVER have what I need, can't get it, don't know what I'm talking about. Bunch of tards. They have been horrible ever since they opened a couple years ago.

CarQuest and NAPA are OK but I always leave feeling like I got raped. My favorite back home was Pronto.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals