• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Problems

LA.Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1997 Ranger with a 4 cylinder & 5 speed trany. I am having trouble with the clutch petdal going all the way to the floor and stays there. After no certain amount of time it will pop back up and its ready to go on. About 6 months ago it pulled this stunt and I bled the slave cylinder and got some white shavings it appears out of the slave cylender. After you bleed it out it works fine until today when it done the same thing again and I bledd the slave cylinder and got some more white shavings. It always does this without any warning. Could there be something breaking down in the master cylinder be causing this? I am grasping for straws and any help would be appreciated. The truck has 126,000 miles and still runs good. Thanks.....

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
I'll lay odds that the white shavings are plastic. The clutch slave cylinder has white plastic as a major component. The internal spring on the slave (which expands the slave cylinder) is failing, or the shavings are jamming the expansion of the slave cylinder.

The white shavings probably have contaminated the clutch master cylinder. Time to replace the clutch master and clutch slave.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals