• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coil spring tag imformation?

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
have a 2010 reg cab base model that I am checking all of the supension.The tag on the coil spring reads 9L54-5310-LB. And was there a choice between 1200lb and 1100lb leaf springs. Thanks.

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok what is or are the spring rates ? I am trying to decide if one day I want to Lower the ranger. Or keep it the same.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ken:

Actually, the door code would be of as much use to me as the actual spring part numbers.

There are 5 different front coils and 3 different rear spring combos, rates are per pair on front/side on rear:

Coils springs of 2,200; 2,300; 2,400; 2,500 & 2,600 lbs, Rear of 1,100 3 leaves, 1,100 2 + 1 & 1,200 3 + 1. Splash gets lightest combo; 2,600 lb front are found in SuperCabs only Payload package #2 get the heavy rear springs. Aftermarket makes a 1,750lb/side 4+1 combo. I find it interesting that the GAWR (rear) exceeds the spring rating - obviously Ford was using bump stops in load rating.

Last edited:

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So would the 2200 on the front and the 1100 on the rear gove a better ride? Reread now confused I thought lighter the ride.My grandson says his '95 extcab rode much better than my '10. My '10 is very stiff. I going to replace all 4 shocks. But I sure it won't help the stiff ride. And someone replaced the sway bar end and did not tighten them.I can move the assembly up and down.

Last edited:

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
TIB ('95) riding better than A-arm ('10) - well there's always a 1st. :)

A SuperCab will ride better than Regular Cab as the wheelbase is ~15% longer and truck is at least 10% heavier and shocks/springs are basically the same.

Swaybar bushings are consumable item on Rangers; if yours aren't worn after 8 years, it would be more surprising.

I use my Ranger to haul/tow trailers, so fact that it ride like truck when unloaded is price I'm willing to pay.

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Do not know how to post pics.So front 2100lb and rear 2350. and 4300 at top of vin tag on post. What does this tell this old man? Softest ride or what? and would lowering springs in the front give softer or rougher ride. Thanks for all your help!!

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The information I have confirms that 2,100 is indeed lowest for front; but I have 2,250 as lowest for rear (3 full length leaves, not 2 + overload).

Lowering springs are usually shorter but stiffer - as you have given up suspension travel, you need to increase spring rate to avoid bottoming out. Stiffer springs = rougher ride.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals