• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Contacts (The ones for your eyes)

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well apparently I'm allergic to the plastic within most soft contact lenses, does anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to get around it? Did a different brand work or did you have to switch to hard contacts or glasses?

I visited the eye doc after constant redness and a dry eye feeling and he told me I was allergic to them and to switch to glasses and use a certain eye drop for a couple weeks, so I'm researching options so I could still wear contacts.

Thanks

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What brand was you using and the model?
How long have you been wearing them?
Did you take them out each night or sleep in them (be honest)?
What brand solution are you using?

BTW are you red headed? Legit question.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Not much you can do there. You can Google contacts and see if there is a brand that is made for people who are allergic to them. I don't wear them but I have friends (male, female) and they are all having issues with them. Two of our lady friends always have slight red and somewhat itchy eyes when they must wear their contacts. When they switch back to glasses the redness disappears...and they want to wear those contacts because they are so vain??? Not much of a brainer there....you can ruin your eyes or go blind from an infection...wear glasses.
I now need reading glasses when I read the newspaper or a magazine. I don't need them to view the computer or my laptop. I got some neat looking reading glasses and I think they are cool looking.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What brand was you using and the model?
How long have you been wearing them?
Did you take them out each night or sleep in them (be honest)?
What brand solution are you using?

BTW are you red headed? Legit question.
1) Acuview Oasis 2's...
2) Two Years
3) Always, always took them out before bed. They have to sit in the solution I use for a minimum of six hours before I could put them in again.
4) Clear Care
5) Nope

Not much you can do there. You can Google contacts and see if there is a brand that is made for people who are allergic to them. I don't wear them but I have friends (male, female) and they are all having issues with them. Two of our lady friends always have slight red and somewhat itchy eyes when they must wear their contacts. When they switch back to glasses the redness disappears...and they want to wear those contacts because they are so vain??? Not much of a brainer there....you can ruin your eyes or go blind from an infection...wear glasses.
I now need reading glasses when I read the newspaper or a magazine. I don't need them to view the computer or my laptop. I got some neat looking reading glasses and I think they are cool looking.
I wear my glasses because without them I couldn't see clearly a foot in front of my face, my vision is bad as it is haha. For some reason on this eye exam my left eye stayed the same but my right eye needed a bump-up in the prescription.

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I always had problems with the Oasis ones, the did irritate my eyes and caused that yellow crap to accumulate on them to the point were your vision gets blurry.

The regular plain jane Acuvues is what I used and never had a problem. Been wearing them for 13 years.

I've pretty much use opti-free. Anything else seems diluted.

I would try the plain Acuvues and see if anything happens. They put so much crap in the oasis ones to keep it "wet", that could be your problem.

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Laser eye surgery. Thats my solution. Haha

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I always had problems with the Oasis ones, the did irritate my eyes and caused that yellow crap to accumulate on them to the point were your vision gets blurry.

The regular plain jane Acuvues is what I used and never had a problem. Been wearing them for 13 years.

I've pretty much use opti-free. Anything else seems diluted.

I would try the plain Acuvues and see if anything happens. They put so much crap in the oasis ones to keep it "wet", that could be your problem.
Well before these Oasis' I think I had the regular ones, not sure, but I switched cause they didn't seem wet enough. I'll have to check again. I like the clear care personally, it seems to get rid of the gunk/protein buildup on my contacts. Thanks.

Laser eye surgery. Thats my solution. Haha
I've considered it, and still am, but somehow the risk of permanent eye damage by one little slip up scares me away...:shok:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
1) Acuview Oasis 2's...
2) Two Years
3) Always, always took them out before bed. They have to sit in the solution I use for a minimum of six hours before I could put them in again.
4) Clear Care
5) Nope

I wear my glasses because without them I couldn't see clearly a foot in front of my face, my vision is bad as it is haha. For some reason on this eye exam my left eye stayed the same but my right eye needed a bump-up in the prescription.

Hmm, call or go to Vision Works and ask about what contacts you should wear. Here is a website that might give you some answers, Bro.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/242744-the-best-contact-lenses-for-sensitive-eyes/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals