• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dark side

bandit

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a chance to get a 95 xj from a buddy of mine who just bought a new wrangler.the truck has a lot of mods done to it like a 3 inch lift dana 44 rearend home made rear bumper and so on,all of witch i have done or helped him do to it. so i know everything about the truck, and to top it off it he had bought a 6 1\2 lift for it that i can have that was never put on.the truck isnt perfect but what is wrong can repaired and 2500 is a steal. now the problem, i was looking into a new ranger mid 2000 ish that i had plains for a daily driver\off roader built, but in order to get the jeep i cant get the ranger. the question is do i abandon my beloved rangers and get a jeep? should i stay true or go to the dark side. what do u guys think.:icon_confused:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
if ya can get in, turn the key and drive off, who cares what it is. sometimes i am brand specific, but in the case of vehicles i look at which one is the better deal and which one i can do the most mods to for the least amount of money, but that is my opinion

northerncountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If it were me I would go with the jeep the mods for it are through the roof and since you know the person who had it and have worked on it your self do the deal that is my 2 cents.

bandit

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i think i am going to go with the jeep, just got to go pick it up on my next week off. then i am ready to wheel. even though i will look out of place next to the rest of your guys rangers and b2.:3gears:

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
Go for the Jeep.

If you're looking at a 98+ Ranger, they're a tough platform for an off roader. The IFS really limits your options.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Go for the XJ. It is a great off road vehicle plus you can take friends along as well as your cargo. I have a 91 XJ and it is great. Gas mileage sucks however. About 17 on the highway.

bandit

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
gas mileage was the only thing my friend had problems with. but one of the offroad mags put a supercharger on a xj and it got like 3 mpgs better on gas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals