• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Does ford offer a complete 3.0 replacement motor?

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Hey, does anyone know whether ford sells either new/rebuilt shortblocks or longblock 3 liters? For a 1999 FF.

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm unsure if Ford does but i do know that jasper does. Jasper has rebuilt motors, transmissions, t-cases and i think differentials too. They give a 3yr warranty too i think. Might be worth checking them out.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They do. SLGB*98*RM is the dealer engine part number. It's pricey though. $2446.64 is the list price.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
They do. SLGB*98*RM is the dealer engine part number. It's pricey though. $2446.64 is the list price.
Jesus... That doesn't include heads either I bet.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
I found em.
http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do

You gotta type in your vehicle info to see the motors.

2,500 is a bit pricey though.

Thanks ya'll.

Also, what do you all think of the rebuilt motors you can find in like checker auto, autozone etc? Are they cheesy?

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They are just re manufactured from factory castings, just like the motorcraft. I would buy a jasper myself.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There was a guy on here not long ago that went thru 2-3 4.0 motors and even had some problems with getting Jasper to warranty them out. I think he had some tranny problems also from Jasper.
I remember the thread but industry wide, that is unheard of. Jasper made a comment to him about "installer error" or something to that affect. If he really went through that many, I would agree.

His problem was flywheel related IIRC.

Either way. They build a fine product and even if he is telling the whole story, they replaced a few engines that they did not have to.

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I always get my engines built locally. No freight and easy to complain about if it becomes needed. However I've always had good fortune with engines built at local shops and never have had a complaint.
Big jim

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
shit, the jasper's are only a couple hundred cheaper then the motorcraft. I would rather have the one's from ford, they are bound to be better made.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Strangely enough, that FoMoCo site doesn't split-out the Flex-Fuel and regular models... you'd think they'd be more on top of it than a 3rd party... hmmm..

Also, where'd you get the Motorcraft price?... I don't see it on there. Also no details on exactly WHAT is INcluded.

PS: Just curious, what'd ya do to your original engine, and how many miles on it? Fellow '99ers want to know, lol...

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Strangely enough, that FoMoCo site doesn't split-out the Flex-Fuel and regular models... you'd think they'd be more on top of it than a 3rd party... hmmm..

Also, where'd you get the Motorcraft price?... I don't see it on there. Also no details on exactly WHAT is INcluded.

PS: Just curious, what'd ya do to your original engine, and how many miles on it? Fellow '99ers want to know, lol...
One of the guys in a previous post had an exact price, scroll up... Yeah, it sounds like the heads are not included. That is where the main difference is between flex fuel and normal engines, so that is probably why...

Oh, it runs fine, it has just been making some weird noises as of late... I had another thread about it knocking so much... Am just trying to come up with a plan. oh yeah, it has 150,000 miles.

LONG LIVE THE 99's!!!! :3gears:

:icon_rofl:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got the part number and price out of the Ford parts catalog. The heads are included. I work at a strange car dealer. (Lincoln, Mercury, Toyota and they even sell Porsche there. All in the same building)

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Having toured GM's remanufacturing facility for the 4.3L (SRC in Springfield, MO), I personally would be more than hesitant to buy a reman engine from someone other than the OEM. They had pallets of crankshafts sitting there that didn't meet GM's spec to be rebuilt, but instead of scrapping them, they would sell them to other reman houses for use in their engines. I'm not saying that it won't last 100k miles just because it doesn't meet GM spec, but it makes you think about what else they're getting away with.

If the Jasper is only a couple hundred cheaper than the FoMoCo rebuild, then go with the Ford Reman. That's one you can be sure will last another 150k miles.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Having toured GM's remanufacturing facility for the 4.3L (SRC in Springfield, MO), I personally would be more than hesitant to buy a reman engine from someone other than the OEM. They had pallets of crankshafts sitting there that didn't meet GM's spec to be rebuilt, but instead of scrapping them, they would sell them to other reman houses for use in their engines. I'm not saying that it won't last 100k miles just because it doesn't meet GM spec, but it makes you think about what else they're getting away with.

If the Jasper is only a couple hundred cheaper than the FoMoCo rebuild, then go with the Ford Reman. That's one you can be sure will last another 150k miles.
That was my thinking too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals