• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drive Shaft Question

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Ummm... I didn't really know what topic to put this under, but here it goes...

I'm looking to have a custom driveshaft made to go from my current, stock, transfer case to hook up with a Dana 60 Rearend. Now, this truck being my daily driver, I would rather grab one from a junkyard, take it to the drive line shop and hand them the shaft and the yolk from the Dana and say "Here, make it work!", instead of having my truck be unable to drive for however long it takes them to do it. (and then having to swap in the dana immediately after I get it back.) I would rather just have it done, and on-hand for when I am completely ready to swap in the dana. That being said... My local U-pull yard barely ever has 4wd Rangers in the yard. So my question is, what other shafts will swap in? It's a regular cab, short bed, 4wd with a 7.5" rearend. I'm guessing something from a BII or an early Explorer, but wanted to be sure. (I guess I could always measure mine huh?) I just want to get some sound advice.

Thanks.

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
well:dntknw: since you are going to the boneyard any way, i don't see why you can't find what you want circumfrence wise, like if you want a thick beefy shaft versus a smaller diameter. since you have to swap out one end, why not go for both, i am doing that on my fullsize to get a bigger drive shaft. besides if it's too long, you can have it cut to fit at the same time. my proceedure, swapping ends and shortening the shaft by 3 inches is only going to cost me $175, and you might be into the shaft for a hundy unless you know someone who has one laying around:dntknw:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals