• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drivelines anyone?

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 97" wheel base now sincie i straight axled my '89 bronco II and i moved the front axle forward 3 inches. so im looking at my driveline being a good 4-6 inches off plus i have shackles in the rear so i need my driveline to have a decent amount of forward and back movement since my axle now moves back when it flexes. i was gonna go ahead and just get a driveline built but i wanted to check around with you guys and see you know of any vehicles that might have a driveline i could swap into mine.

sorry for posting this in kind of the wrong area, but its a result of putting extreme suspension in my truck. :headbang:

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
if it for a offroader, a square driveshaft in the front will work using reciever tube.
http://infohost.nmt.edu/~jscarbro/driveshaft.htm

just an idea for the front, wouldnt use it for a daily driver unless you have manual hubs upfront, which the jeep axle dosent haveur g

come to think of it, the 89 bronco II has a slip yoke for the front shaft of the t-case so you gonna have to find a rbv case without the slip yoke, just something i was thinking about

Last edited:

MikeyFord3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.7L
Transmission
Automatic
have you figured this out yet? i wanna see how it turns out when its is totaly done

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
no not really. i made the air engaged 4wd in the front of my axle stay engaged at all times now but thats about all. my buddy is gonna extend my front driveline with a piece of square. and no im not changing my transfer case, its not gonna hurt anything...

MikeyFord3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.7L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i was going to say just keep the same transfer case thats what im doing. And just extended the driveline.

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ya, the only worry there is for me is cuz my shackles for the front are in the rear of the spring so my axle moves back when it flexes. but im not gonna worry about it til i break something. we'll see how it works saturday night. and by then i will be welded in the rear and i cant wait to see how it does...

MikeyFord3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.7L
Transmission
Automatic
ha your gonna have some wheel hop. we welded my buddy's spider gears in his jeep and his truck hops so bad on the road.

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
two of the guys in my wheeling group have welded rear ends in their cherokees. neither have wheel hop unless their really on it through a hole or something but thats all because of their running leafs in the rear. other than that it makes alittle noise on the road but no biggy. it doesnt really bother me, you get used to it, and its alot more fun when its wet out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals