• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dumb Question But Oh Well...

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
nah honestly good quality hockey pucks arnt to bad use them as a body lift on top of ur body mounts tho not suspension

the truck doctor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
dude hockey pucks are for body lifts, buy the right lift blocks, or if you're a true newfie carve it out of a piece of hardwood, lmao, no really buy the blocks

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
How about 5X3 wood blocks, if they will fit..
Truck Doctor, Are You Newfie? If so where are you from

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you wanting to do a body lift or a suspension lift? People that use the pucks use them as body lifts, not axle spacers. You can't use a compressable lift block in the leafs. And how do you plan to even the front up?

Do a body lift.

You need a Ranger.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the site, and to even up the front it will be Torsion Bar Cranking, Remember?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Cant you people beat it thru your heads that im not getting a body lift, jus a susp lift, so it wont bottom out, cuz my truckis always getting stuck that way, in fact its stuck right this very moment in my garden, you know how? bottomed out...

Jeff

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well im going to tell you now that that if u use hockey pucks on a suspension lift your going t oget shunned cuz that fricken stupid

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i said im not using hockey pucks dick slap, cant you read

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, hockey pucks will probably work...but I asked about it a few years back and almost got chewed off the planet...some people have used them without any problems...others, especially off-roaders, found that the pucks can shatter...not like a Bobby Hull slapshot mind you...but there is a great deal of stress on the suspension...

If you can find steel lift blocks cheap I'd recommend going with them instead...but if you're set on using hockey pucks, make sure they have the Habs emblem on them...:icon_rofl:

zacknolden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Transmission
Automatic
I also once have tha same problem like yours. I also felt dumb when I ask about it to my uncle's friend. I thought that unscrewing the 2 U bolts on each side was wrong :headbang:

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Haha, We Rock

Jeff

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cant you people beat it thru your heads that im not getting a body lift, jus a susp lift, so it wont bottom out, cuz my truckis always getting stuck that way, in fact its stuck right this very moment in my garden, you know how? bottomed out...

Jeff
No I can't get it through my head. But that's probably because I know what I'm talking about. It's a weakness I have--I only post when I know what I'm saying.

It's the tires that matter. That's what the body lift is good for.

Cranking up to torsion bars on that old thing--probably break something or screw up the alignment. There's no precedence for that. It's not a Ranger.

Whatever you are doing on the rear, it's not going to work. You may screw up the pinion angle and get a vibration. Again, there's no precedence as this isn't really a place where people build old Mazda trucks. There's a great deal of harm to be done and no gaurentee it will do what you want.

A body lift, it's the same for any truck. You know what it's going to do. It will lift your truck. A suspension lift doesn't lift the axles--and it lifts the body the same amount. Good luck trying to lift the torsion bars 3" on that. You'll put your eye out, screw up your CVs maybe, and have a crappy riding thing that has no suspension travel at all and eats tires. How do you know?

A body lift does no harm to the truck, allows larger tires--which does lift the axles and body, and all of the mechanicals stay the same. If your problem is getting stuck on a road, it's the perfect soluton--you just need a little more tire.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
ok, fine..but guess what..The truck wont be my for much much longer, remember the trade..

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
but ok will, i see what your point is, thanks

Jeff

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals