• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duratrax 835B Nitro Buggy

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
So I finally got my new nitro buggy yesterday, its a Duratrax 835B Nitro Buggy, it has very good features, lots of metal parts and a .27 engine. Today I took it out and did the 5 tank break in, having trouble finding a good battery for my glow starter my hands got blisters from the pullstart. But anyways I finally got through and did the 5 tanks. I ran 2 more today and tuned my buggy up, perfectly! I took the time and did a very good tune on it, runs very smooth and well. Nothing has broke on it yet, but sometime this weekend I'm going to take it to the track. One thing about nitro's is that the side where the exhaust comes out gets super dirty, so look like I got some cleaning to do, but overall I'm happy with this buggy, I love the long run time and how fast it goes.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
So, here is my review on this thing, I find this very good and lots of fun, the price is good for what you get, but why you ask, well heres why. There are many brands out there that are cheaper and have better engines, but they are cheaper construction, with Duratrax you don't get a racing engine, but you do get lots of aluminium stuff and you get very far with RTR out of the box. The competitors have less that comes with their buggys and they don't have the hard parts, as well as they don't have a awesome warranty to cover it. Duratrax also has very good service, customer support has been very helpful and nice. This buggy is a good you may not have the engine to race with, but for everyday fun it works great, and you can always upgrade the engine, where as the other ones you have to upgrade many of the chassis parts and such. Very good quality buggy and you get good value for your money. I have plans on upgrading this buggy and hopefully start a build thread on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals