• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EEC-V Bad Accident Need Help!

Transmarobirdeater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I purchased a superchips flashpaq off of craigslist. Witch was not a smart move becuase the product is vin locked. It gets better. I hooked it up to my ranger and I discovered it was vin locked. I was pushing buttons and it began uplaoding a performance tune. During the uplaod it failed. Now my truck starts clicking when I turn the key on and it wont start. The tuner went in to recovery mode and it aint recovering anything. I tried a few times. So now I have a truck that wont run and a tuner that doesnt work. The ford dealer siad they could reprogram the EEC-V if the tuner didnt smoke it. I wont know if its been damged till monday. I have the oppurtunity to buy a 1998 ranger cpu that is flex fuel. My 2000 ranger is flex fuel as well. Should it work fine or not. I beleive they are both for standard trannsmisions.

Transmarobirdeater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Transmarobirdeater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Ok this whole sitiuation has opened my eyes to a lot of things that will happen when playing with a tuner.The stealership got me for 183 on the reprogram. So what I thought was a good deal ended up runnin me 500 bucks!This ranger is 12 years old damn sh*t aint cheap.I believe the fine folks at superchips did all they could to help me out. I like to learn sh*t the hard way,that way I never forget. I must admit Im scared to hook it up now that my truck runs and the tuner is reset. Im just looking at it debaiting on waiting until I have a backup PCM.:annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals