• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Eerngers 2002 build (56k No Way)

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Eerngers 2002 build

Where it all started

Stats if you have never seen me post:
2002 Ranger XLT, tow package, 4.0L , 5-speed manual, 4x4, 4.10 gears, limited slip rear end.
Currently at 152,000 miles

Intake installed

Gibson Dual exhaust

Hurst Short throw install

Hella 500's and clevis

Picked up a GPS setup for the trail

New 31x11.5 Super Swamper TSL's

I will get more photos of the truck with the new tires when i take it out wheeling next.

So where do we go from here? Well i would like to get my hands on some trac bars for the rear, i think the new tires might pitch some rocks so a set of fender flares is on the table as well. Im going to have to start tracking down skid plates or start building them, as the belly is pretty soft right now. I am going to do a bed liner (linex etc). and where the truck will go from there, i don't even know yet :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I had the new tires on this weekend, so here are a few photos with the TSL's

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
looks real good man, those tsl's make it look meaner. How much was the gibson dual exhaust? and how do you like your hurst?

dauphija#99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
I am also asking about the hurst. Where did you get it?

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
looks real good man, those tsl's make it look meaner. How much was the gibson dual exhaust? and how do you like your hurst?
I am also asking about the hurst. Where did you get it?
Thanks guys, i love the new tires. The Gibson exhaust set me back $380 back when i picked it up last year, I see now that with new metal prices its up to $425. I got it through Summit racing. I am happy overall with the exhaust, its a nice mellow tone, and it looks pretty nice with the step side bed.
Here is a link if you are interested:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GIB-9704/

-If thats a bit out of your price range, check out the Dynomax ultra-flow. I had always had mixed emotions on Dynomax systems, but a month ago i had to replace the exhaust on my dad's 02 FX4 ranger, and we picked one up. I have to say that for under $220 that i am impressed. it looks good, and fits tighter than my Gibson. The exhaust note is pretty good for a v-6 as well, it has a nice deep tone.

Check it out:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-39315/

I also picked up the hurst at Summit racing. I love my hurst shifter. I love the way it looks, even though i didnt buy it for that reason. I wanted it so that when i was wheeling, i could swap gears a bit faster ( i wheel with alot of automatics and often find myself between gears ) And it does that awesome. The shifts are firm and extremely short, in fact they are shorter throws than almost any car i have driven which is impressive for a truck. It is a bit louder than the stock shifter, but there are ways around that if it bothers you, i dont mind it at all. Also i noticed mine has the typical leak where it mates to the transmission, which i will be fixing up with a little RTV here in the next few weeks. Not a big deal, just things i noticed. Overall i still consider it some of the best money that i have spent on my truck. The overall price i paid for the hurst was $220, which is still the price it is today.

If your still curious, here is the link.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-3915020/

Last edited:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
A little mid summer update, I picked up a Riddler Diff cover for the 8.8, and painted it up. Here are some install pic's. i have more photos of other summer mods coming soon.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Pulling off the old cover
[/IMG]
Painted riddler diff cover, gear lube, L/S additive
[/IMG]
Riddler Installed.

Last edited:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
LATE SUMMER UPDATE :icon_welder:

MODDED the Hella 500's from 55W Halogen, to 100W Xenon

Added the Hurst extended Shifter arm #5388022

And Did a PA 1" Body lift

Last edited:

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wow i am liking that hurst shifter...but damn 200 bucks...would that work with a 3" body lift?

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
wow i am liking that hurst shifter...but damn 200 bucks...would that work with a 3" body lift?
It will, but you will either need a longer shift arm (like the part i installed) or you can track down shane (fx4wannabe01) and find the extension thread he did. He ended up making a 2 or 3" lift kit for his stock Hurst shifter and it turned out pretty good.

On a side note, I wheel with automatics so i always felt like i was falling behind or between gears, the Hurst makes this difference not so bad. wheeling with the Hurst actually makes things really nice with our manuals. i still view the Hurst to be some of the best money i have spent on my truck. :icon_thumby:

wookie13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 TRITON V-8
Transmission
Automatic
what happened to the tsl's? or those just your wheeling tires-looks real good man

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
what happened to the tsl's? or those just your wheeling tires-looks real good man
Ya, they are mainly my wheeling tires. They are Bias ply, so they pretty much run like crap on the road, but i am going to take a photo shoot with them on here in the next few days.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanksgiving UPDATE
Truck is now two-tone! haha. Only way to fight Michigan road salt is to get mean with it, so i did a total sand down, and re-prime, then i rolled on some Herculiner. Fenders are getting Flares in early December (on back-order :( ) It is not over yet, More is on the way!

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good, I love tsl's

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals