• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Embarking on some projects, maybe this weekend.

TorontoEdge

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have parts for 3 projects all lined up. This truck is my daily driver, saves the Mustang from door dings and being on one of the busiest highways, you never know what's going to happen. Rather be in a tall truck than the Mustang (I know the Mustang is safer with all the new safety features but if I'm going to get into a fender bender, rather be in the truck).

1) Rear disc conversion using SN95 calipers
2) Taurus fan and that 3 relay wiring kit, people talk about (forgot, sorry)
3) 1" Body lift

This weekend, I will do the fan. So I can go through some water without it splashing around and while on the highway save at least 1MPG due to reduced drag on the engine (I have a Scangauge so I can report back if it does any good or not). Also makes some room upfront for the body lift and a potential 302 swap.

If I have time, I will jump on the 1" body lift. I bought some aluminium pucks (not hockey pucks) and just need to buy the hardware. Why 1"? Well, my long-term vision for this thing includes some drivetrain upgrades and that extra space will make things a tad easier. I don't like the 3" kit, it does too much to the steering, brake lines and wiring.

Rear disc because I can and have all the parts needed. I'll remove the axles, inspect the bearings and put synthetic fluid in the diff anyway. Measured everything twice and it should all bolt in without too much trouble.

Future projects: Once the canadian dollar isn't so stupid, 4" suspension lift, gears, tires and wheels. At this point it would be cheaper for me to fab up a SAS. LOL Also looking around for a complete Exploder for an eventual 302 EFI swap... You know when the timing chain pops LOL. Oh and I'm supposed to go fab up a pre-runner style front bumper with a buddy this summer. Just going to start collecting parts, wiring, etc... I'm sure the 5.0L will probably use less fuel than the 4.0L (good low end torque cam) although I've been getting around 21MPG mix highway and city driving (I drive slow and mind the scangauge).

How it stands now with 31" tires

Cheers!

:beer:

Last edited:

Kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like a good start. Good luck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals