• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

End of one of my daily driver era for me

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Not the '97 Ranger... don't be silly :)

I've had a '94 Geo Tracker since around 2011 (I could look it up but I don't wanna), got it for $1k, drove it for a few years changing some stuff here and there keeping it going, rebuilt the engine once (changed the block, it was cracked), rebuilt the transmission twice, put a new head on (it was cracked apparently...) and put a bunch of miles on it, the stupid thing weighed 2400lb with driver and was 4x4 with 96ish hp (16 valve for those in the know), got 26mpg commuting and during hunting season got 20mpg IN THE WOODS, it was silly... but the 5.13 gears stock and 27" tires along with the 50lb transmission didn't like all the rpm's, and parts availability was getting dumb so when the head cracked in '17 I pretty much parked it, put a new head on in '19 I think and ran out of go on it, I think the two years of sitting plugged the injectors and the battery was junk so I concentrated on building my shop...

Anyway, week and a half ago I got a note in the mail box asking if I was interested in selling it with a phone number, the lady was super nice when she returned my phone number and informed me on the intended project... putting a Nash Metropolitan body on the frame! Super cool, I'm all for it, I told her where I was on price and what spare parts I have and no haggling, I have money in hand! It'll be gone on Sunday apparently.

I've had it for 11 years, daily drove for around 5 or 6 of those, I'm ready for it to move on, here's a couple random pics I have from over the years: (missing is the picture of it moving a friends shed around his yard, couldn't find it...)

Phone pics 082.jpg
Phone PIcs 208.jpg
Phone PIcs 684.jpg

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sounds like a great place for it to go...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
It definitely is going to the right new home, it's nothing too cool or collectable or perfect (with the black rear hatch... and a few dents), they go for dumb money now and I priced it in a place I was comfortable with although below current market but whatever, I didn't have to fix it and it is going to the right place...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
There's been a couple trackers pop up locally on marketplace for me lately, one with 30s thats been lifted a couple inches... drool worthy.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
my brother had a 2wd on and would take it off roading all the time. he loved it because of hte gas mileage and how nimble it was. unfortunately, a z71 took it out one day on a feeder road

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
my brother had a 2wd on and would take it off roading all the time. he loved it because of hte gas mileage and how nimble it was. unfortunately, a z71 took it out one day on a feeder road
Their footprint can't be all that much bigger than the bigger sideXsides everyone has now.. not even the 4 seaters.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I knew a guy had a tracker. Dont remember what year but it was the older body style. That pinkish color with the 90s mcds water cup stripeing..

Had a 1.3 with a 5 speed. He lifted it, shoved 5.13's (i think) in the diffs and put some massive 33 or 35 in mickeys on it.

He daily drove it but would wheel it, besides being massively underpowered and needing 4low for everything it was absolutly impressive with what it would do. It was impossible to high center.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Sounds like a neat project, glad it went to a good home.

AJ

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
And it's gone, along with it I also gained garage and shed room since I found 2 transmissions, a flywheel, an intake manifold, a transfer case and an oil pan that I had stashed away... Since they live like 4 miles away they just hooked up a strap and drove off, simple enough! Now onto the next thing!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals