• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Engine Replacement 94 2.3

94b2300ranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3l is out! 4.0l is in!!!
Transmission
Manual
Where did you get the motor? Price?

Moreflying

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys..do any of you know if the Low Oil Level Sensor wire pulls out or do you have to take the sensor out of the oil pan. It seems like it wants to pull out but I don't want to force it and break the thing. I'd rather cut the wire and repair that. I don't think you can get those sensors anymore. Thanks.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I'm pretty sure it doesn't unplug. I remember having it hanging there when i did my swap. If I remember right it just unscrews from the pan.

Moreflying

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Bryan. I'm going to leave it. and clip the wire and fix it later. I'm off to get some new quick connect tools for the fuel and a/c lines. The set I got sucks...then to the hardware store to get some bolts to mount the engine on the stand. Gotta get a puller for the crankshaft pully hub off too....:beer:

Last edited:

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Let us know how that goes with the crank shaft pulley. I don't remember having trouble with mine, but I know a lot of people have. Went to look at a ranger with a 2.3 for sale and the guy actually broke the pulley with a puller trying to get it off. Almost bought it, but he left all the plug holes and intake open for a few months. Either way, a short write up of how you did it could be helpful for many people , including me, for future reference.
Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals