• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

finally got my tow rig done!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
So, is it covered under warranty or something? And I don't know what those trucks go for around your place but a 95 3/4 ton with 180k on it, 4,000 sounds like a pretty steep price to me. o_O

nope, thats what they go for ...... for a rust free one ..........

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
its good news cause there's not 180K on the motor and no wear signs on the cylinder walls, new injection pump, new turbo. i took it to a local shop needed a few other things looked at to. he's charging me 2500 for new heads, new fuel lines from the tank, new fan shroud, new engine oil cooler, new 130 gpm water pump, and a trans and coolant flush. figured have him just do it all at once plus he's a GM certified diesel tech so i figure it would be a good idea to have him look the whole truck over real good since i didnt know much about its past history.

and 4000 wasnt a bad price around here it has no rust and all the other ones i looked at where 5000 or more.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
$6500 into a 95 chevy diesel??? idk dude...

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
$6500 into a 95 chevy diesel??? idk dude...

telling you ..... you cannot pick them up cheap anymore ...... this time last year they were all considered junk and and the price reflected that...... now people want small fortunes for them because the parts have gotten cheap (compared to other diesels) and they make a great budget diesel ................................ if you know what you are looking at...............

the 6.5T is not an engine you can ride hard and put away wet.

what has been noticed lately is a bunch of trucks being sold (or traded in) because the PO over heated it......

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
plus my wife wanted a silverado. and if the wife aint happy aint nobody happy. and i cant afford a d-max. besides hate to say it here but i would hook chains with a ranger any day lol i know it would pull mine around in circles lol

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would hook chains with a ranger any day
i never said you should get a ranger, but with pretty much everyone i know, they bought a diesel for all-out reliability, and with that in mind, what about a 7.3 powerstroke? i can guarantee you the engine and front end will outlast the chevy by far... (and to be completely honest, i like the GMT400, ALOT, but there's just no comparison)

but hey, if that's what the wife wants, thats what the wife wants. i hear ya man there isn't much changing that...

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
again my wife wanted a chevy. and the stipulation for me buying a fullsize is she gets to use it as a DD cause she doesnt drive far for work. so i got some thing she liked.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i guess you cant argue with that... haha

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
pretty much. well i just picked it up tonight and talked to the mechanic for about an hour with the truck on the rack. he looked over the whole thing said it should easy last another 10 years. so the dependable enough for me. besides it gets 22mpg (way more than a big block), and parts for chevy's are dirt cheap so it will all even out.

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
well bought a 4" warpspeed exhuast i'll some pics up once installed. also got all my gauges in and my new trans pan, large trans and eng oil coolers. pics to come.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals