• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

first test of the project truck

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello. Thank you all for your comments. I have had some medical problems so I havnt been on alot. I did get the winch and lights on the bumper now. I still have to get that damn decal off and install my hood scoops. just go to the bottom of the page at www.dskellogg.com/ranger.html to see it with the lights and winch. I did put it to the test the other day though. had a 1 ton 4x4 chevy stuck with 35's. He was stuck in the mud in a field a mile from where I live. He just happened to see it and figurd it was closer then walking home. He knocked on my door and asked me if I thought I could pull him out. I said I'd try. I just drove through the mud like nothing. those tires kicked ass. I pulled him through probably 200 yards of mud. he kept sinking in the wet muddy field. I never even had to use the winch. He was amazed by the ranger. he said it looks Mean and tougher than hell, and it had the heart to back that up.. He thought i had a V8 in there. He said he's seen full size trucks with bigger tires not pull so well. He asked how much he owed me, I said just the thrill of pulling a big chevy with alot more motor and tires then I got out of mud is worth it. next day on my porch was 20lbs of my favorite steak (new york strip) and 10lbs of ribs. Turns out he was a Meat processor

05level2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats awsome.:headbang:

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Love it when that happens. Nice build.

Matt

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
that great of you to help him without asking for anything in return. good man! i nearly got into a screaming match with a guy who got a flat in his mercedes and couldent get it changed, i was able to get it changed. i refused payment for my good deed and being the bussniess type he felt everything has its cost and i deserved payment. we both got back on the road safe and happy that night and i would do it all over again for anyone who is in a jam.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
been there done that before, makes ya feel good for the whole day after ya help someone out like that:icon_hornsup:

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
that great of you to help him without asking for anything in return. good man! i nearly got into a screaming match with a guy who got a flat in his mercedes and couldent get it changed, i was able to get it changed. i refused payment for my good deed and being the bussniess type he felt everything has its cost and i deserved payment. we both got back on the road safe and happy that night and i would do it all over again for anyone who is in a jam.

been there done that before, makes ya feel good for the whole day after ya help someone out like that:icon_hornsup:
I have done the same thing several many times, and when people keep insisting that they "do" something for me, I simply look them in the eyes and say "PASS IT FORWARD" and when they ask me what this means, I tell them if you ever see someone or hear of someone who needs some help, help them out as best as you can, hence "PASS IT FORWARD" I am a firm believer of "what goes around comes around"

this all started for me a few years ago when I blew a tire and didn't have a spare. a guy stopped and gave me his little spare (he also had a fullsize spare for his vehicle) and when I asked him how much he wanted or where I could send some money to pay him, he told me to "PAY IT FORWARD" and to this day I do it all the time and ask the same from other people.

klogtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
do unto others as you would have them do unto you

danger03ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet deal. It is just fun pulling other people out. My wife pull out a jeep the other day in my ranger.. And your truck is looking good. keep it up man. Good Luck on it.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
Sweet deal. It is just fun pulling other people out. My wife pull out a jeep the other day in my ranger.. And your truck is looking good. keep it up man. Good Luck on it.
now thats a woman! were do i find her sister?

Black'03LevelII

you couldent be anymore right. nothings worse than someone who wants to help but EXPECTS payment. now if i swap your driveshaft or axle, i think ya owe me lunch but its not required.
jk
a good deed is a good deed. if its putting a plug in a tire or doing a roadside tranny swap at 4 am in the snow. although i would wrather drag your ass 50 miles before i swapped a tranny in the snow......

atvoutlaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
it seems you should Get DuraBak to sponsor you!! Nice truck, love the look

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals