• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FLO-TEK aluminum heads?

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Idk about 5.0, but I've seen 4.0 heads for that exact price with gaskets and all the crap on it.

flaminranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know a guy that bought a set and put them on his 351 and they made good power.
the only draw back he had installing them was the intake ports didn't line up very well so he port matched them.
as far as durability he only had them on for a short time then he tore the car apart to fix it so he hasn't driven it too much.
Are the the same as the procomp heads? if so they are decent as well but the valve guides are so so.

allnpt0

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know a guy that bought a set and put them on his 351 and they made good power.
the only draw back he had installing them was the intake ports didn't line up very well so he port matched them.
as far as durability he only had them on for a short time then he tore the car apart to fix it so he hasn't driven it too much.
Are the the same as the procomp heads? if so they are decent as well but the valve guides are so so.
Just what I was thinking. ProComp. They work well. Not high end like Trick Flow or other name brands, but for the money, you can't go wrong. I would suggest taking them to a machine shop just to make sure everything is up to snuff. I'd hate to see a valve seat fall out or something else.

Pete

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic

1990F150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Procomp is made in china and is a crap shoot, they are regarded as junk in the mustang crowd. The flo tek are a copy of the aluminum ford racing heads. If you can afford it save your money for a set of afr's. On a stock 5.0l ho engine the afr 165 heads with gt 40 intake produced about a 100hp over stock according to dyno tests. The afrs are also designed to work with the stock ho pistons.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Procomp is made in china and is a crap shoot, they are regarded as junk in the mustang crowd. The flo tek are a copy of the aluminum ford racing heads. If you can afford it save your money for a set of afr's. On a stock 5.0l ho engine the afr 165 heads with gt 40 intake produced about a 100hp over stock according to dyno tests. The afrs are also designed to work with the stock ho pistons.
Which you do not have in a Crown Vic engine.

The CV engines are great for a low cost spunky driver or as a rebuild core, but their biggest problem (the heads) are not easily changed without piston/valve interferance. If you rebuild it with HO style pistons and cam... it is pretty much a HO.

1990F150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Which you do not have in a Crown Vic engine.

The CV engines are great for a low cost spunky driver or as a rebuild core, but their biggest problem (the heads) are not easily changed without piston/valve interferance. If you rebuild it with HO style pistons and cam... it is pretty much a HO.
Is this towards me or OP?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals