• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For anyone who loves there truck

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I decided to write this for any one thinking about getting a ranger (B series) truck. Or any one who wanted to read another story about how bad a55 our little trucks are. I was driving home from work one morning and fell asleep at the wheel. At about sixty plus MPH my 1998 Mazda B4000 slammed into a mailbox then a telephone pole and finaly took out about three sections of gaurd rail before driveing down an 80ft (aprx 80 degree) hill into a swamp hitting countless trees on the way down. My girlfreind and I bolth walked away from the wreck unharmed, the truck slammed to a halt and never stalled. not to mention that with two flat tires it nearly got us out untill it ran out of tranny fluid. the bumper crushed the trans cooler. two tow companys and hrs later the truck was out. four new tires and a trans cooler later and I drove it over an hour home. this was last october and to this day no issues. needless to say I had to order new fenders bumper ect. I have owened MANY diff tucks from every maker and by far this is the best one I have ever had the Privlige of driving. to this day we are convinced that if it had been a lesser vehicle we would not have made it much less be unharmed. I just felt this story should be posted Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have a story to share I would love to hear it

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I decided to write this for any one thinking about getting a ranger (B series) truck. Or any one who wanted to read another story about how bad a55 our little trucks are. I was driving home from work one morning and fell asleep at the wheel. At about sixty plus MPH my 1998 Mazda B4000 slammed into a mailbox then a telephone pole and finaly took out about three sections of gaurd rail before driveing down an 80ft (aprx 80 degree) hill into a swamp hitting countless trees on the way down. My girlfreind and I bolth walked away from the wreck unharmed, the truck slammed to a halt and never stalled. not to mention that with two flat tires it nearly got us out untill it ran out of tranny fluid. the bumper crushed the trans cooler. two tow companys and hrs later the truck was out. four new tires and a trans cooler later and I drove it over an hour home. this was last october and to this day no issues. needless to say I had to order new fenders bumper ect. I have owened MANY diff tucks from every maker and by far this is the best one I have ever had the Privlige of driving. to this day we are convinced that if it had been a lesser vehicle we would not have made it much less be unharmed. I just felt this story should be posted Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have a story to share I would love to hear it
Thats amazing. I swear by these trucks, and along with a winch and shovel, i trust it to get me home every night. Ive yet to be let down by the truck (only my own mods :icon_twisted:)

Worst night i had, i was offroading and myself and 4 trucks got stuck in a gulley with ice both ways out and nowhere to turn around. everybody was stuck except my 2wd. she was shut off parked on part of the hill waiting for a opening to drive out. we were there for about 7 hours before help came and got the trucks behind me out, and i drove out with a little help up the ice by a 4x4 1500. I love my ranger, and have only gotten stuck twice. never broken down, never not started, and if it ****s up, 95% i can fix myself. Ill drive mine till it needs a motor, then put a new one in and keep going!

Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumby:

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Exactly. 14 years old and has never broken down or not gotten me home couldnt ask for a better truck

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Mine has yet to let me down either. It will get driven until it needs a new motor, and then a 5.0 will be going in it.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Unfortunately, mine has let me down a couple of times. Most recently (Wednesday) I had to put a new alternator in it. However, at 156,000 I do expect parts to begin to fail. However, as a whole it's a pretty dang tough little truck! I'll definitely keep it forever.

02SuperXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've only had mine for 10 years - 100,000 miles, I drive it every day(unless I'm sick)and love this truck. I finally had to replace the original battery yesterday, my guess is she must have wanted some attention. I may own other trucks down the line, but this ones here for the long haul.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You both were lucky. No cops were called or a police report? It does not matter if it is a Ranger or a Toyota or a Dodge. My buddies son was involved in a bad wreck recently when smoke from a fire and fog caused a lot of crashes and deaths when he was on his way to work near Orlando. My buddies son had pulled over on the right side of the interstate and put on his flashers on his 03 Tacoma. He could not see anything with the smoke and fog that came out of nowhere. He got rear ended by another driver that could not see anything but just kept driving until he hit his truck.
The driver of the car hit him at about 50 mph. And then his 03 Tacoma was then broadsided by a big rig that came out of nowhere. The truck jackknifed and slammed into the Tacoma and the car that rear ended the Tacoma. His truck was smashed to heck. The roof was caved in and the divers door was pulled off. He did not get a scratch on him. Air bags deployed and the front windshield was gone and so was the back window!!! The driver of the car died. My buddies son had his Angel right by his side that day. He said the Tacoma still started and it was able to move so the wrecker driver could put it on the flatbed. Scary situation........

bo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For any 1 who loves there truck!

ive had three the first one was a 2wd beat the crap out of it 18 just got my license lawn jobs , 4 wheeling, jumped it , it finely had enough when i down shifted to third at 75 and smoked a geo storm split the block straight down the center and shifting both sides 1/4 in in different directions .but it still got me home barely it had three in exhaust and it was all antifreeze comming out never seen any thing like it!!!

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have to agree... for the most part, i had a 2000 3.0 175,000 and everywhere i drove it i revved it out to atleast 5500 rpms maybe 6000 (cus i had a superchip with raised rev limiter and i was 17 at the time) nothing EVER broke on that truck i only ever replaced a my clutch and battery. beside shocks, brakes oil and what not, i jumped it i ran it across the desert over whoops that were 2 feet deep, off roading where only jeeps would normally go, hauling two quads and gear keeping up with friends who had fullsize trucks. i sold that truck with 180,000 miles on it to a kid down the street and its still going strong at 220,000 miles.still original motor and trans. i should have never sold that truck. it never let me down. ever plain and simple, my dodge left me stranded multiple times with only 75k. but not my ranger

jhammel85

I've had mine for about 2 years and plan to keep it forever. I'd love to restore it one day.

This old truck w/ 160k on it does a 50 mile commute, 5 days a week without much of a problem. Most issues have been previous owner hack jobs.

...Now I need to go find some wood to knock on!

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I've had mine for about 2 years and plan to keep it forever. I'd love to restore it one day.

This old truck w/ 160k on it does a 50 mile commute, 5 days a week without much of a problem. Most issues have been previous owner hack jobs.

...Now I need to go find some wood to knock on!
You're truck is spotless, very good looking for first gen

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You both were lucky. No cops were called or a police report?QUOTE]

I had to call the cops for the insurance to cover it and before the tow company would pull my truck out

Brandon Nootenboom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I rolled a friend of mine's 01 Ranger 4.0 after smashing the front end popping the airbags, when I came to in a 20 ft "ditch" the truck was still running upside down. According to the people who had seen me wreck and stopped, I rolled it twice. After 4 hours upside down (bad snow storm had all the tow trucks tied up) and dragging it up on it's roof, they flipped it over, my friend turned the key and it started right up and drove for another week and a half before being "totaled" because of the body damage. I now have a 97 and I'm NEVER getting rid of it

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
oh i love my truck... i have owned 7 vechials and two of the three rangers ive owned were the best (one was made into a "prerunner" by someone that didnt know what he was doing... but my current truck is the absolute best of all. i got it as a completely stock b2300 and now.... lets just say you cand just go to the dealer and ask for a truck like mine haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals