• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ford ranger diesels!

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yes i turned dodge diesel but still love rangers. reading a small article from one of my diesel mags it states that ford rangers will be going out in 18 month's unless they get a certain demand. if they get the demand we will be getting the ford ranger back with new combo's. such as a 2.5L diesel with 16 valves rated at 141hp at 3500 and 243 lb-ft of torque at 1800 and a 3.0l diesel rated at 154 hp at 3200 rpm and 280 lb-ft of torque at 1800 rpm. Also a crew cab in both 2wd and 4wd. the only catch is it will be the other ranger design. the American style will be gone for good. heres how they look:

JaBradt85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I dont think thats a bad design at all. Its pretty similar front, and the cabs are a little more square.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I dunno, I don't really like that design. I think the Crew Cab S10's look ugly too.

Maybe if they redesigned it, added more curves. Like a mini sport track. But with a normal length bed of course.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Had to do a quick photoshop of what I was thinking.

You gotta admit, that looks pretty good. Too big (Dakota sized) but with a little downsizing.. who knows. I think it would make a pretty good Ranger II. Rear wheel well/axle needs to go forward more.. it's just a tad too far back.

Ilikemice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure they'll be the same as the pic you posted. That style stopped in '05 or something in favour of a newer design. I think it's a bit closer to the American look.

I had an XLT version of the truck pictured. It was nice.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If youve ever been overseas tehy actually look real stupid. Alot like the very basic 93-94 model years before ford really smoothed it out. But there is hope for them. Alot of avail mods. And they still come in 5spd.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If youve ever been overseas tehy actually look real stupid. Alot like the very basic 93-94 model years before ford really smoothed it out. But there is hope for them. Alot of avail mods. And they still come in 5spd.
The 93/94 Rangers look exactly the same as the 95-97 Rangers. Just a different interior and upgraded components.

:icon_confused:

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
All they need to do is give the current Ranger some new engines and add a SuperCrew option, but keep the same body.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
if they do that they will bring the newest design, based and built in the mazda BT-50 body, with the 2.5 diesel turbo u say

this one replaced the 2.8td/3.0td argentina/brazil ranger sold here in latin america, this is the thailand ranger, the same with this mazda

also ford has a suv like the explorer made in this platform here its called everest, other places ford endeavour,
turbo diesel 2.5 4x4, 3 seat rows and double a/c its a cool truck...thing my stepdad just bought one, im gonna take pics when i have a chance

Last edited:

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm saying who gives a crap about the body style haha... i'm just thinking its about bloody time they came out with a diesel motor!

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

yes i turned dodge diesel but still love rangers. reading a small article from one of my diesel mags it states that ford rangers will be going out in 18 month's unless they get a certain demand. if they get the demand we will be getting the ford ranger back with new combo's. such as a 2.5L diesel with 16 valves rated at 141hp at 3500 and 243 lb-ft of torque at 1800 and a 3.0l diesel rated at 154 hp at 3200 rpm and 280 lb-ft of torque at 1800 rpm. Also a crew cab in both 2wd and 4wd. the only catch is it will be the other ranger design. the American style will be gone for good. heres how they look:

id transplant the powertrain!

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Safari Snorkel has a snorkel for the diesel rangers over seas I think that cool, would like to convert one to Bio diesel so it would be like .40 cents a gallon to run:icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals