• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Full width D44 '90 B2??

vDawG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I plan on doing the swap using the stock coil buckets and a pair of 8" lift coils from an xploder and the '79 radius arms and brackets. Is seems easier just by eyeballing to use a piece of tubing behind the coil bucket to space it out from the frame 2" so they line up with the lower coil mount. Also I would like to move the axle a head 3" or 4". Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!

Last edited:

cmequestionu

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~10
Tire Size
I had the same issue on my sas only I needed 3/4". I created a section of frame that I welded to the outside of the frame and boxed in. I drilled holes for the mounting points and welded nuts to the inside. I will try to upload pics later. I cant do it from my android.

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I spaced mine out 2" on either side by using Duff EB buckets and a 2x4 rectagle tubing. I also moved it forward 2" at the same time. My only concern is the 8" Explorer coils. If they were lift coils for a TTB, they would be way too stiff for the SAS. I used 5.5" lift EB springs.

vDawG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am going to try these springs. I don't think they will be stiff enough...... I have a 351w efi and e4od hanging from the roof. Once I sit that onto the mounts I think it will crush those springs but the guy that gave them to me says they will be perfect so I going to try.

Last edited:

RumpRangerSTX

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
About the springs I used my lift springs form my old 6 inch ttb ranger on my Dana 44 swap and I do not think that they are too stiff

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals